One of the first recipes I ever posted was for chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. But the cupcakes that I am sharing with you today take chocolate peanut butter to a whole new level. These are the ultimate chocolate peanut butter cupcake. So how exactly did I take these cupcakes to a whole new level? I cut the cupcakes in half horizontally, sandwiched a layer of peanut butter frosting in the middle, topped them with chocolate ganache and then sprinkled crumbled peanut butter cups on top. That’s right, double the chocolate and double the peanut butter all layered together to create the ultimate cupcake.
Today, I’m sharing the recipe for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes on Oh Sweet Basil. I am so grateful for the opportunity to post on Carrian’s blog. We both share a love of food and fitness, and she has so many incredible recipes. Stop by to say hi and check out some of her recipes while you are there!
Find the recipe for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes HERE.
Snacking is one of my favorite things to do. Sometimes I would rather have a few snacks than an entire meal. I try to make them just as wholesome and healthy as a regular meal would be, but when I snack, I have the option to enjoy a few of my favorites rather than one big dish. A few weeks ago I shared this recipe over on my friend Julie’s blog, This Gal Cooks. In case you didn’t get a chance to check out the recipe, I’m sharing it with you here today. These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars have quickly become a favorite and I’ve made multiple batches of them over the past month or so.
I like my granola bars a little more chewy than crunchy. I love how these bars are just the right amount of chewiness and gooeyness. They are loaded with double peanut flavor and chocolate drizzle topping it all off. A batch lasts at least a week in our house.
Best of all, these granola bars are no-bake and can be made ahead of time. I like to make them over the weekend, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and then eat them during the week.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided
- 2 3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium pot set over low heat, combine the peanut butter, honey, and 1/2 cup coconut oil. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in oats and peanuts. Pour mixture into baking dish, spreading an even layer and pressing down firmly with the back of a spatula. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until cool. Remove from fridge and sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top of the mixture, pressing down lightly with the back of a spoon to set in granola. Return to refrigerator and chill 2 hours or until firm. Slice into small bars and remove from pan.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and one teaspoon coconut oil in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Drizzle melted chocolate over bars and let set. Store granola bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator with wax paper separating the layers.
*You may also substitute the chocolate chips for a non-dairy alternative.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor