I don’t know what happened to the warm spring weather. Its was somewhat cold and rainy this past weekend. Luckily, the weather for the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and warm. I’ll be glad to see some warmer weather because I need to finish planting my spring and summer vegetables in the garden. I’m a little behind on planting everything since last month was my busiest month at work.
A smoothie is always the perfect pick-me-up when the weather is dreary. They are wholesome, nutritious and delicious. I prefer my smoothies made with juice rather than yogurt or milk. I like to be able to taste the combination of the fruit flavors. This strawberry, mango and guava smoothie is my new favorite thing to make for a quick lunch.
I usually have all of these ingredients on hand. Instead of using guava juice and coconut water I use my favorite guava coconut water by O.N.E. brand. It has just the perfect amount of both coconut water and guava.
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup mango, fresh or frozen
- ½ banana, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup guava juice
- 1 tbsp. coconut water
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)
- Coconut flakes
- Combine the fruit, juice, coconut water and flaxseed in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve.