Growing up, Labor Day weekend usually meant two things, camping and the official end of summer. It also meant the time when all the seasonal ice cream shops would be closing for the winter. For this Labor Day weekend, I am sharing a treat that combines a camping favorite with ice cream. This s’mores milkshake is rich, creamy and tastes exactly like a toasted marshmallow topped with graham cracker and chocolate. It is by no means healthy, but it is incredibly creamy and delicious and the perfect way to celebrate the end of summer. So indulge a little and have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 3 tbsp. whole or 2% milk
- 1 tbsp. greek yogurt
- 6 jumbo marshmallows
- graham cracker crumbs, for topping
- shaved chocolate, for topping
- Place the marshmallows on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place on lower rack of oven, and broil marshmallows until nice and brown on top, between 30-60 seconds. Remove pan from oven and gently turn the marshmallows over, and broil until they are golden brown. (Be sure to keep an eye on them because they burn very quickly.)
- Combine the ice cream, milk, and yogurt in a blender; blend well. Add the marshmallows and blend until they are broken up and distributed evenly.
- Pour the shake into two glasses and top with graham cracker crumbs and shaved chocolate, as desired.
Spoonful of Flavor original