Your favorite classic hot dog is topped with pineapple mango slaw for a tropical twist! Perfect for summertime grilling!
Don’t mind me, my mind is on a tropical island. But, because I am not actually going to a tropical island any time soon, I’ve been eating plenty of tropical fruit like mango, pineapple, papaya and kiwi. So why not add tropical flavors to an American classic like a hot dog? Plus, I love layering fruit over everything – salads, meat, dessert. Fruit is a refreshing and healthy addition to any dish. Tropical hot dogs with pineapple mango slaw are a tropical twist on a classic favorite.
Today, I am offering you the chance to win a $300 Amazon gift card. Make sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for a chance to enter and beat the heat this summer!
I love making a double batch of this slaw to have on hand during the week. I also layer it over pulled pork sandwiches and pulled BBQ chicken. The pineapple, mango and orange creates a light and refreshing slaw. The diced jalapeno adds a little kick. And don’t forget to pile on the cilantro!
The temperatures are heating up quickly. The ‘dog days of summer’ will be here soon. Enter below for a chance to win a $300 Amazon gift card. Use it for a new swim suit, some pool toys for the kids or anything else to help keep you cool.
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mango, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- cilantro, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Add shredded cabbage, pineapple, mango and jalapeno to bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cook hot dogs until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- To assemble hot dogs, add dogs to bun, top with slaw and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor, slaw heavily adapted from Half Baked Harvest