Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Pineapple Mango Buffalo Chicken Taco Bowls with Avocado Ranch Dressing are loaded with buffalo chicken, butter lettuce, mango pineapple and black bean salsa, blue cheese crumbles, avocado and are topped with a creamy avocado ranch dressing!
Tacos are the best way to start and end the week, right? Who am I kidding, I could eat tacos every single day of the week. It’s a good thing you can eat tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner, too! My favorite local taco restaurant is the inspiration for these bowls. The restaurant has a buffalo chicken taco made with mango-pineapple buffalo chicken, avocado crema, blue cheese and black bean mango salsa. I recreated the taco in a tasty taco bowl with butter greens and a creamy avocado ranch dressing. Pineapple mango buffalo chicken taco bowls with avocado ranch dressing are a flavor packed meal prep recipe that is great for enjoying any day of the week.
For this recipe, I used organicgirl’s newest product, butter greens. The greens are part of the new line of True Hearts Crunchy Lettuces. As a huge romaine and butter lettuce lover, I was excited to see the new organicgirl lettuce available at my local food store. Just in time for summer, the greens are perfect for on-the-go meals, fresh summer salads and side dishes for backyard barbecues. Next month I am sharing a new recipe featuring the new Butter, Plus! blend. And stay tuned for details on exciting Eat Your Hearts Out events coming to a location near you!
Packed with flavor, these taco bowls come together relatively easily. To save time, you can even use store-bought rotisserie chicken or salsa. Layer all of the ingredients in a bowl or meal prep containers and then top with the avocado ranch dressing. Don’t forget to follow organicgirl on Instagram and visit their site for more recipe ideas!
I use my favorite glass meal prep storage containers to prep this salad in advance to enjoy for lunch during the week.
Pineapple Mango Buffalo Chicken Taco Bowls with Avocado Ranch Dressing
Yield: about 4 servings
Total Time: 25 minutes
Pineapple Mango Buffalo Chicken Taco Bowls are loaded with buffalo chicken, butter lettuce, mango pineapple and black bean salsa, blue cheese crumbles, avocado and topped with a creamy avocado ranch dressing!
For the buffalo chicken:
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
For the mango pineapple black bean salsa:
- 1 medium mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped pineapple
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño
- juice from one lime
For the avocado ranch dressing:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- up to 1/4 cup milk, as needed
For the taco bowls:
- 1 (5 ounce) package organicgirl butter greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cored and sliced
- To make the buffalo chicken, add the wing sauce, mango, pineapple juice and cream cheese to a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Transfer the sauce to a medium bowl, add the shredded chicken and stir until the chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Set aside.
- To make the salsa, stir together the mango, pineapple, black beans, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- To make the avocado ranch dressing, add the yogurt, avocado, lime juice, garlic, parsley, dill, chives and onion powder to the clean bowl of a food processor. Pulse until well blended. Add milk, a little at a time until desired consistency of dressing is reached. Set aside.
- To assemble the taco salad, divide the butter lettuce, buffalo chicken, salsa and blue cheese evenly among four bowls. Top with avocado and dressing, as desired. You can also store the salads (without avocado and dressing) in the refrigerator for up to three days. Store the dressing separately in a sealed container in the fridge and add to salad just prior to serving. Enjoy!
Spoonful of Flavor// All images and text ©
More good-for-you meals in a bowl:
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.
This post may contain affiliate links.