Shrimp Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa are a quick, fresh and easy meal for lunch or dinner! Top lightly seasoned grilled shrimp with a homemade mango avocado salsa to create a meal kids and adults will love.
*photos updated July 2017*
I love the long days during this time of the year. After coming home from work, I enjoy the weather outside by going for a run, picking fresh veggies from my garden and grilling dinner. I often crave tacos but want something more than just your standard pork or chicken taco. In general, tacos are pretty quick and easy to make. Pick a few ingredients, add some fresh seasonings and enjoy. Shrimp tacos with mango avocado salsa come together in little time are are a light and flavorful option for lunch or dinner.
Shrimp tacos with mango avocado salsa use the freshest seasonal ingredients. Lightly season the shrimp, cook and add the fresh salsa to create a relatively light and flavorful meal. The homemade salsa is the perfect addition to the grilled shrimp. You don’t even need to add anything else to the tortillas because the shrimp and salsa are packed with flavor. I really love the flavors of the salsa combined with the shrimp and don’t want any additional toppings to distract from the simple flavors. Feel free to add your favorite toppings, such as sour cream and cheese, if desired.
Are you looking for something light and fresh for dinner tonight? Fire up your grill and spend less than 30 minutes preparing this meal.
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
Yield: 2 to 3 servings (about 6 tacos)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa are a quick, fresh and easy meal for lunch or dinner! Lightly seasoned grilled shrimp are topped with a homemade mango avocado salsa to create a meal kids and adults will love.
For the shrimp:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- dash of salt
- 1 ½ pounds medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the salsa:
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ a lime for juicing
- 6 small flour or corn tortillas
- additional toppings as desired
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Add shrimp to bowl and toss to coat. Let shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
- While the shrimp are marinating, combine mango, avocado, onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the grill and cook until opaque and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Divide the salsa and shrimp evenly among the tortillas and top with any other toppings as desired.