Six brand new pieces of clothing arrived direct to my door from Golden Tote! Scroll down to see what I received in my Golden Tote August Review!
I love shopping for new clothes. And it is even better when I don’t have to leave my house. When I heard about another online service that ships fun clothes and accessories direct to your door, I knew that I had to try it. Golden Tote is a service created by owners of the clothing line Puella who wanted to create something unique, convenient and fun. I signed up to try it and recently received my first tote.
The first Monday of each month a new tote is available with a brand new collection of clothing. You can sign up to receive a small box with 2-3 items for $49 (up to $200 value) or a large box with 5-7 items for $149 (up to $600 value). You fill out a short questionnaire to narrow down your size. You have the option to specify any items you don’t want to receive. And then you have the option to chose one or two pieces from the collection, depending on the size tote you chose. A Golden tote stylist choose the remainder of the pieces. Everything is shipped to your door in a fun tote bag.
Things you should know about Golden Tote:
- Golden Tote is an “all or nothing” deal. They do not exchange or take back individual items (unless something is defective). You have to keep it all or return the entire tote. I’m guessing this keeps costs and overhead low so that they are able to offer such low prices.
- If you want to trade items with other Golden Tote customers, you can ask to be added to the Golden Tote Trading Group on Facebook.
- You get to pick 1 or 2 pieces each tote, depending on which size tote you purchase. The remaining pieces are selected by a Golden Tote stylist.
- You fill out a brief style profile. It asks your size and what type of pieces you never wear. You can also choose what type of styles you most often buy and where you shop most often. It would probably be beneficial for Golden Tote to expand the style profile section. At least to allow more comments.
- You have to pay for shipping.
- The sale goes live the first Monday of every month. Popular items go quickly, so it is best to order your items are quickly as possible. They do try to restock items that are popular.
- You can purchase Golden Tote whenever you want. You are not required to sign up for a monthly subscription, just purchase when you want it.
I ordered the large tote and was able to choose two items from the August collection. I chose the Merrick for Golden Tote Lace Top in Black/Ivory and the Dreamy Daze Blouse for my two pieces. Everything I received was a size small.
GOLDEN TOTE – AUGUST
So here is what I received in the August Golden Tote:
Merrick for Golden Tote Black Lace Top
I requested this top as part of my tote because I love fun lace tops. The fit is good and the fabric appears to be good quality.
Dreamy Daze Blouse
This was the second piece that I chose for my tote. It is a little hot to wear this during summers in Florida, but it will be a great piece for fall, or even a piece that can be worn over a swimsuit. It is relatively lightweight material and fits a little bigger than I expected.
Priddy by Puella Grey & White Striped Dress
The dress is a sweatshirt type of material. The quality is good and it is a fun basic dress. I wish it was fitted around my hips because it almost fits like a sheath dress.
The shorts fit me surprisingly well. I always have a hard time ordering shorts online. They are a great basic pair of shorts perfect for lounging on the weekends.
Paper Crane White Top
Out of all of the pieces I received in my tote, this white top was the one I liked the least. The fit is a little weird because it is loose around the top of the sleeves, but then more fitted towards the bottom. There isn’t much definition, but it is a great piece to throw on over something in the fall.
Blue Print Kimono
The print and colors are gorgeous. It’s just not really my style. I know a few people who would like this top, so I am going to pass it along to one of them.
I was actually quite surprised by the pieces that I received in my August Golden Tote. For $149, the large tote is a very good value. Most of the pieces I could see myself wearing. The few pieces that I didn’t like as much, I will give them to a friend or trade them with other Golden Tote members on the Golden Tote Facebook trading group.
If you want to try Golden Tote, go here to sign up!
Disclosure: I was not paid to write this review. Golden Tote provided me with this complementary box. This post contains referral links for new sign-ups that gives me a small credit toward my next box. As always, all opinions are my own.