Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting include a maple vanilla cupcake topped with maple cream cheese frosting and crunchy pecans! Enjoy this tasty cupcake any time of the year.
Pass me a cupcake, please! While I try to eat clean meals 80-90% of the time, I can never resist a really good cupcake. Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are a simple cupcake made with pure maple flavor and chopped pecans. They are a great addition to you holiday menu!
Cupcakes are a great option for the holidays. They are relatively easy yet impressive. As single serving desserts, they are the perfect addition to holiday parties, dinner parties and more. I start with my favorite basic vanilla cupcake and then add a few simple fall flavors including cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup. Pure maple syrup is mixed together with cream cheese buttercream frosting. The subtle yet pure maple flavor shines.
With Thanksgiving in the U.S. around the corner, save stress by planning your holiday menu now. Enjoy a healthier menu with options such as Roasted Sweet Potato Beet and Quinoa Salad, Broccoli, Chicken and Cheese Wild Rice Casserole, Brown Butter and Rosemary Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Apple Cranberry Sauce. Then enjoy one of these Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting for dessert!
Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield: 20 to 24 standard size cupcakes
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
Total Time:50 minutes
Maple Pecan Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are made with a maple vanilla cupcake topped with maple cream cheese frosting and crunchy pecans! Enjoy this tasty cupcake any time of the year.
For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the frosting:
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- Sift together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla and maple syrup. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and beating until combined after each. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared liners, filling each about ¾-full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking. Let cool in the pan about 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed for about 5 minutes. Turn the mixer down to low speed and gradually add in the confectioners’ sugar until incorporated. Add in the maple syrup and salt and mix until incorporated. Turn the mixer back up to medium-high speed and beat for an additional 2 to 3 minutes minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Enjoy!
Nutritional information coming soon.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor// All images and text ©