This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sara Lee® Bread. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cucumber Dill Chicken Salad Roll Ups is an easy back-to-school recipe that is perfect to pack in a lunchbox! Combine a few simple ingredients to make this flavorful snack, appetizer or lunch option.
Packing lunch for school doesn’t have to be difficult. I keep a few of my favorite go-to recipes on hand to make back-to-school season easy. Cucumber Dill Chicken Salad Roll Ups are always a favorite because they are made with only a few ingredients and come together easily. Best of all, my daughter loves them! The roll ups are a fun alternative to a classic sandwich and are great for everyone from toddlers to adults. The cucumber dill chicken salad roll ups also make a great party appetizer, light lunch or snack.
For this recipe, I use Sara Lee® Butter Bread. With a rich, buttery taste, wonderful aroma and velvety texture, this bread brings a delicious flavor to everything you make. The bread has no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors or flavors, 0g Trans Fat and is low fat and cholesterol free. The rich, buttery taste of the bread complements the cucumber dill chicken salad to create a fun back-to-school lunch option.
You can save even more time by using store-bought rotisserie chicken. Prep the entire lunch in the morning or prep the chicken salad in advance and enjoy throughout the week. Simply roll up the chicken salad in the Butter Bread and enjoy!
If you are looking for a lunchbox, we love this Bento Lunchbox. It comes with an insulated thermos and works great for packing these Cucumber Dill Chicken Salad Roll Ups. It’s also easy to clean and is available in a variety of colors. Go ahead, pack these easy chicken salad roll ups with some fresh fruit and vegetables to create a fresh and flavorful lunch that is good for you too!
Cucumber Dill Chicken Salad Roll Ups
Yield: 20 to 24 roll ups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cucumber Dill Chicken Salad Roll Ups are an easy back-to-school recipe that is perfect to pack in a lunchbox! Combine a few simple ingredients to make this flavorful snack, appetizer or lunch option.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- whole garlic clove
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 10 to 12 slices Sara Lee® Butter Bread
- Fill a 3 to 3.5-quart sauce pan full of water. Add the chicken breasts and garlic clove. Bring to a full boil and then turn off the heat and cover the pot. After 12 minutes, remove one of the breasts and cut into the thickest part to check to see if they are done (they should be cooked through and register at least 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer). If there is any pink, return to the pot for another 15 minutes. Drain chicken through a colander, discard the garlic clove and cool slightly.
- Chop or shred the chicken into small pieces. Add the chicken, mayo, cucumber, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Remove crusts from slices of bread. Press to flatten (I use a rolling pin). Spoon the chicken salad onto the bread, roll up and cut in half. Enjoy!
*You can use about 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken to save time, if desired.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor// All images and text ©