Make these easy Air Fryer Fish Tacos in less than 30 minutes! Add your favorite fresh toppings like cabbage, mango salsa and more. Kids and adults will love this easy recipe.
Easy fish tacos are the perfect choice for dinner any time of the year. They are fresh, flavorful and easy to make in less than 15 minutes. This recipe bakes them in the air fryer, but you can also bake the fish in the oven. Load them up with your favorite fresh taco toppings and enjoy.
This recipe can be easily adapted to fit your needs. Feel free to switch up the toppings or use a different type of seasoning.
Try it with a fresh mezcalita cocktail for the perfect pairing!
Ingredients You Need
- Fish – Mahi mahi is usually the best choice for tacos. You can use fresh fish or previously frozen mahi mahi that is thawed.
- Tortillas – Choose your favorite type of tortillas.
- Breadcrumbs – Panko bread crumbs help create a crunchy texture. You can substitute with gluten free breadcrumbs, if needed.
- Flour – This helps create the crispy breading.
- Egg – To help the breading stick to the fish. You can substitute with gluten free 1:1 flour.
- Spices – This recipe uses a blend of paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and ground cumin. You can substitute the spices for 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning.
How do you fry fish tacos in the air fryer?
- Make the seasoning. Combine the flour, paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin in a medium bowl. You can also substitute the spices for 1 tablespoon of your favorite taco seasoning.
- Coat the fish. Add the egg and a splash of water to a small mixing bowl. Add the panko bread crumbs to another bowl. Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Then, place each strip of fish, one at a time, into the seasoned flour followed by the egg wash and then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the fish. Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. Place the fish into the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook them in batches to ensure even cooking.
- Air fryer temperature control settings may vary depending on the brand and model. If your air fryer doesn’t have the required temperature setting in this recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.
- No preheating needed. You do not need to preheat the air fryer. Just pop in the fish and cook.
- Add your favorite toppings. Serve the tacos with fresh salsa, pico de gallo or guacamole.
- Low carb option. Instead of serving the fish in tortillas, served the fish over a salad or in large butter lettuce cups.
Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Lemon Cod
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Easy Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound Mahi Mahi, cut into 1" strips
- 8 tortillas, (flour or corn tortillas)
- Mango salsa
- Pineapple salsa
- Shredded cabbage
- Sour cream
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg with a small splash of water.
- Add the panko to a third bowl.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Season it lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place each strip of fish (one at a time) into the seasoned flour followed by the egg wash and then the breadcrumbs.
- Place into the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Be sure to make these in batches for even cooking.
- Once finished, place fish strips into the tortillas and top with garnishes of your choice!