Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Apple Cranberry Apricot Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps are made with fresh fall flavors, Greek yogurt and romaine heart leaves to create a healthier chicken salad that the entire family will love!
Happy Friday and Happy Fall! Has fall weather arrived where you live? The temperatures dropped to the mid to low 80’s here in Florida so we know that fall weather is right around the corner. With the changing season comes fresh fall flavors. Apple, Cranberry and Apricot Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps combine some of my favorite fall flavors with a healthy Greek yogurt dressing. This easy lunch or dinner option is one of the best ways to enjoy chicken salad.
For this easy recipe, I used organicgirl romaine heart leaves. These little leaves are great for snacking or serving with chicken salad. For an afternoon snack, I love to dip them in organicgirl white cheddar dressing. It’s a crunchy, healthy and quick snack for any day of the week. As a chicken salad lover, I’m always grabbing romaine heart leaves to serve with chicken salad. Combine chopped apples, dried cranberries, diced dried apricots, cooked chicken, celery and a honey Greek yogurt dressing to create this healthier fall harvest chicken salad.
Enjoy everything that you love about the fall season and make a healthier meal for lunch or dinner. Also, check out my first video featuring the most popular recipe on Spoonful of Flavor….One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta with organicgirl baby kale! Speaking of kale, did you know that Wednesday October 5th is National Kale Day? Organicgirl has exciting things planned to celebrate the day so make sure to follow them on Instagram for more details. In the meantime, enjoy plenty of green goodness with these Apple, Cranberry and Apricot Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps!
Do you love leafy greens? Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free eCookbook featuring breakfast, lunch dinner and snack recipes packed with leafy greens. Download the book, print it out and add more leafy greens to your diet every single day of the week. Sign up for my newsletter HERE!
*You will receive a welcome email with a link to download the book.
Apple Cranberry Apricot Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- whole garlic clove
- 1 medium granny smith apple chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces organicgirl romaine heart leaves
- Fill a 3 to 3.5-quart sauce pan full of water. Add the chicken breasts and garlic clove. Bring to a full boil and then turn off the heat and cover the pot. After 12 minutes, remove one of the breasts and cut into the thickest part to check to see if they are done (they should be cooked through and register at least 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer). If there is any pink, return to the pot for another 15 minutes. Drain chicken through a colander, discard the garlic clove and cool slightly.
- Chop or shred the chicken into small pieces. Add the chicken, apple, celery, cranberries and apricots to a large bowl and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, honey, apple cider vinegar, poppy seeds and salt. Add the yogurt mixture to the large bowl with the chicken mixture and toss well to combine. Spoon the chicken salad over the romaine heart leaves and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 321, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 111mg, Sodium: 370mg, Potassium: 957mg, Carbohydrates: 25g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 20g, Protein: 42g, Vitamin A: 69.7%, Vitamin C: 6.7%, Calcium: 10.7%, Iron: 7.7%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Other salad recipes that you will love:
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.