Oven Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs is a delicious chicken dinner recipe with easy prep that is on the table in 30 minutes! The recipe is a versatile dish that is great for weeknight meals, dinner parties and meal prep.
Everyone is always asking us our favorite way to prepare chicken thighs and this recipe is always a favorite. Baked Chicken Thighs are consistently on my dinner menu. They require only a few ingredients and easy prep. We use a simple garlic dijon marinade with dried parsley and oregano to give the dish the perfect amount of flavor. They bake in the oven in less than 30 minutes and taste great when served with a simple side dish or salad.
How to make Oven Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
These baked chicken thighs require only a few steps.
First, combine ingredients for marinade – olive oil, Dijon Mustard, garlic, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt and pepper. We recommend marinating for at least one hour to let the flavors rest, but you can skip the time marinating and go directly to the next step.
Next, arrange the thighs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure that the bottom area of the thighs is facing down. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping to the other side after about 12 minutes. Bake on the other side for 5 minutes and then flip over again to broil the top.
The recipe cook time and temperature does not work for bone-in thighs, so please only use this recipe for boneless chicken thighs. Bone-in chicken thighs take longer to cook.
How long to bake boneless chicken thighs?
Boneless chicken thighs should be cooked until an internal thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook about 20 to 25 minutes for boneless thighs cooked at 425 degrees F or 25 to 30 minutes if cooked at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
The flavors in this dish pair nicely with a variety of side dishes. Serve this chicken with a side of Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower, Turmeric Coconut Rice, Roasted Beets, Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli or Roasted Potatoes and Carrots to create an easy meal any day of the week. Try a different side dish every time you make this chicken dinner to create a different meal every single time.
Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this easy chicken dinner recipe. You can even meal prep this dish for an easy naturally gluten free, paleo and dairy free lunch. Once you make this recipe once you will want to make them again. We know that you’re going to love them so try them and let us know what you think!
Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a small bowl or plastic ziplock bag. Mix together marinade ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the chicken. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes. (You can skip the time marinating just ensure that the thighs are coating in the marinade.)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place the chicken thighs on the sheet with the bottom facing down. Bake for 12 minutes, then flip and bake for 5 to 6 additional minutes. Flip the chicken and broil for 4 to 5 minutes until lightly browned on top, checking that it is cooked through to 165 degrees F with a thermometer.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Oh this is suuuuper yummy!!! Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe.
The dijon mustard was everything! So much flavor and super easy to make, thanks for another great recipe!
Love how easy and delicious this recipe is. It’s perfect for a gathering or a party.