Homemade baked pita chips are made with only three ingredients and taste better than anything you can buy at the store. Make this easy pita chips recipe and serve with with hummus, dip and more!
You know the type of food that you love but try not to buy because you know that you will eat the entire bag or container in one sitting? Homemade baked pita chips are it. There is something about the crunchy texture and flavorful seasonings served with fresh made hummus that I can’t resist. Hummus and pita chips are an irresistible combination. These chips require only three ingredients and bake in less than 10 minutes!
What are pita chips made of?
They are made from only three ingredients – pita bread, olive oil and Italian seasoning.
How to make pita chips
Cut pita bread into 8 triangles and separate each triangle at the fold. Arrange the pita wedges, rough side up on a lined baking sheet.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and Italian seasoning. Brush each triangle wedge with the oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Bake the pita wedges in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy. Remove them from the oven and let cool completely.
Have you ever been to Zoe’s Kitchen? I’m not usually crazy about chain restaurants but Zoe’s Kitchen is always a favorite when I need something quick and healthy. Besides their baked pita, hummus and chocolate chip cookies, their seasoned baked pita chips are one of my favorite things to order. While I don’t know the exact recipe they use, this recipe is as close as you will get to the real thing. I would even say that they are better than Zoe’s Kitchen chips!
What do pita chips taste like?
The chips are a hearty, thick and crunchy chip. Italian seasoning and olive oil gives them a subtle flavor and richness. They are great for serving with dips, hummus and more.
Not only are these chips better than anything you can buy at the store, with only a few ingredients and twenty minutes, you will be on your way to eating a flavorful and crunchy snack. You can make your own pita bread or save time by using fresh made store-bought bread. I usually purchase my pita bread from a baker at my local farmer’s market.
Serve this baked pita chips recipe with one of our favorite healthy dip recipes!
What can you eat with pita chips?
- Lemon rosemary whipped goat cheese
- Salmon cheese ball
- Greek yogurt dip
- Roasted cauliflower dip
- Lemon spinach hummus
- Buffalo chicken dip
Baked Seasoned Pita Chips
- 4 pieces pita bread
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each pita bread into 8 triangles and separate each triangle at the fold. Arrange the pita wedges, rough side up, on a lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and italian seasoning. Brush each triangle with oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Bake in a preheated oven for about 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You can use other seasonings like cinnamon and sugar instead of the Italian seasoning.
I’m trying this with zathar and olive oil.
Thanks for the inspiration
Pita chips are one of my absolute favorites! Love the idea of making them at home!
I’m making this for the weekend, I bet everyone is going to devour it!
This was delicious! I love this with dip