Baked Strawberry Lemon Salmon is a flavorful seasonal dish made with only a few ingredients! Serve it with a crisp salad for a well balanced meal!
I eat salmon at least once a week. In fact, baked sockeye salmon with a few simple ingredients is my go-to dish for when I am looking for something quick and easy. I try to mix it up the seasoning depending on the season or whatever fresh ingredients I have available. With only five ingredients, the strawberry marinade is crisp, fresh and flavorful.
I love to serve this salmon with my favorite Strawberry, Spinach and Asparagus Salad. Fresh greens and whole berries complement the fish and create a wholesome meal.
My love for the combination of strawberry and salmon started last summer when I ordered a traditional mixed greens salad with strawberries, pecans and salmon. I decided to create an easy weeknight meal packed with flavor and nutritional benefits. An unlikely pairing, the strawberry is a subtle crisp, refreshing flavor that complements well with the salmon.
I love cooking seafood at home because it is easy, requires minimal prep time and provides many nutritional benefits. Alaska sockeye salmon is a great choice because it is a deep orange-red color and the meat is very flavorful.
What is your favorite way to prepare salmon? Do you chose a traditional method or go with something different like seasonal berries in your marinade?
Baked Strawberry Lemon Salmon
- 2 Sockeye Salmon filets
- 1/2 cup about 6 fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice from half of a lemon + lemon slices for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor. In a medium bowl, combine strawberry puree, honey, olive oil, lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper. Add salmon to bowl and marinate in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Lay salmon on lined baking sheet, brush with extra marinade and top with slice of lemon, if desired. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until just cooked through and flaky.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 348, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 93mg, Sodium: 75mg, Potassium: 888mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 34g, Vitamin A: 1.4%, Vitamin C: 29.2%, Calcium: 2.6%, Iron: 8.4%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.