Triple berry almond crisp is loaded with fresh berries and almond topping! Baked in mini skillets and served with yogurt for breakfast or a scoop of ice cream for dessert, this easy berry cobbler recipe is naturally gluten free and made in 25 minutes.
Summer is our favorite season for so many reasons! We love the warmer weather, the long days and summer vacation. But most of all, we love summer produce. Berries, corn, peaches, peppers and watermelon are only a sample of the types of produce we snack on all summer. Easy berry crisp is one of our go-to summer dessert recipes. It’s made with only five ingredients to create a sweet treat in less than 25 minutes!
Berry crisp recipe
This berry crisp recipes comes together with only a few ingredients. In a food processor, combine almonds and 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats. Pulse until finely ground. Add the remaining oats, salt, butter and honey and pulse until a chunky mixture forms.
Divide a mixture of fresh berries among two mini cast iron skillets. Spoon the almond-oat topping over the top of the berries, dividing evenly among the two skillets.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. You can also heat on the grill with the lid closed for the same amount of time, or until topping is lightly browned. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or allow to cool and serve with yogurt.
Berry crisp in the oven
Bake the berry crisp or berry cobbler in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes.
Berry crisp on the grill
To cook berry crisp on the grill, heat a grill over medium to medium high heat. Cook the berry crisp on the grill will the lid closed for 20 to 25 minutes or until the topping is light brown.
The crisp is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dessert. Serve it with yogurt for breakfast or a scoop of ice cream for dessert. We bake this recipe in two small 6-inch cast iron skillets so you don’t have to worry about sharing. Just combine your favorite berries, top with almond-oat topping and bake. Grab a spoon and dig in!
If you’re craving fruit crisp, cobblers or crumbles, try our Peach Crumble, Apple Crisp or Peach and Blueberry Crisp recipes. We also really love this Plum Cherry Crisp that is packed with fresh summer flavor!
Berry Almond Crisp
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups fresh berries blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and/or blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor, combine the almonds and 2 tablespoons oats. Pulse until finely ground. Add the remaining oats, salt, butter, and honey and pulse until a chunky mixture forms.
- Divide the two cups of berries among two mini cast iron skillets. Spoon the almond-oat topping over the top of the berries, dividing evenly among the two skillets. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or allow to cool and serve with yogurt.
- We bake this crisp in two 6.5-inch cast iron skillets. You can use the smaller 3.5 inch skillets but you may need up to 4 skillets to bake the entire recipe.
- You can also bake on a grill over medium to medium high heat with the grill cover closed for 20 to 25 minutes.
- To ensure that this is gluten free, make sure you are using all gluten free ingredients.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 543, Fat: 38g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 6mg, Potassium: 347mg, Carbohydrates: 47g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 22g, Protein: 9g, Vitamin A: 770%, Vitamin C: 3.9%, Calcium: 101%, Iron: 2.1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.