Cauliflower Kale Salad with Pomegranate, Dried Apricots and Pumpkin Seeds is healthy and delicious! It is perfect for lunch and is a great way to detox.
Winter vegetables are my favorite. Kale, cauliflower, beets and broccoli. I could eat them all every day and never get sick of them. With an abundance of fresh kale from my garden, I love enjoying it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love this salad because it combines sautéed cauliflower “rice” with kale, pomegranate, dried apricots, pumpkin seeds and a few simple seasonings.
This salad is great to make ahead because it is still fresh and crunchy even after a few days. It is also a great detox salad and is the perfect salad for lunch during the week. One of my goals for 2015 is to prep meals ahead of time. So far, I’m really proud of myself. Each Sunday, I spend the afternoon prepping a few meals for the week. It makes life during the week so much easier.
In fact, I am trying to get ahead with other things too. Whether it is meal prep, work or blogging related, I feel so much more relaxed when I get things done ahead of time. I’m one of those people who packs my calendar with more than I should do, and always gets everything done even if it means little time for sleep or relaxing. In addition to getting things done ahead of time, I’m really trying to clear my calendar for more down time. I not only feel like I am able to get more done, but I am able to relax a little too. It’s fabulous.
Go ahead, grab a big bowl of this salad and dig in! If you want a little more protein, you could also layer the salad with grilled chicken breast.
Cauliflower Kale Salad with Pomegranate, Dried Apricots and Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 head cauliflower coarsely chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 heaping cups fresh kale
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower pieces are about the size of rice.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil and onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower "rice" to the pan and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl. Add kale, lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate arils, pumpkin seeds and dried apricots. Toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 276, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 25mg, Potassium: 548mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: 12.7%, Vitamin C: 51.8%, Calcium: 3.2%, Iron: 8.8%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor