More chocolate? Yes, please! If you can believe this, I lived almost 20 years of my life disliking chocolate. I’m sure you can’t believe it, given the amount of time I devote to talking about chocolate. Thankfully, my taste buds changed and now I would be completely happy living off of chocolate and strawberries. A few weeks ago I shared this recipe over on Lil’ Luna. In case you didn’t have a chance to check out the recipe, I’m sharing it with you here today. This basic chocolate bundt cake with chocolate ganache glaze is an easy yet impressive chocolate dessert.
This cake is one that the entire family will love. Chocolate ganache glaze is drizzled over a simple chocolate cake, yielding a cake that is perfectly chocolaty, but not too rich. Grab a slice and enjoy!
Need more chocolate cake ideas?
Chocolate Bundt Cake
For the cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) plus more for pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
To make the cake:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 12-cup or 14-cup Bundt pan. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In a glass measuring cup, mix together milk and sour cream.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternate with the milk mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
Pour the batter in the prepared pan and smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 to 55 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze:
Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl; set aside. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to bowl. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Let stand one minute, then add butter and stir until smooth. Let stand, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened. Pour glaze over cake.
- Recipe barely adapted from Martha Stewart
Nutrition InformationCalories: 468, Fat: 28g, Saturated Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 120mg, Sodium: 326mg, Potassium: 206mg, Carbohydrates: 50g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 28g, Protein: 6g, Vitamin A: 830%, Vitamin C: 0.1%, Calcium: 56%, Iron: 2.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.