Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream is a delectable sweet treat that you can enjoy all year long! Sweet cream ice cream, fresh strawberries and chunks of chocolate create a simple yet flavorful treat!
I hope you are ready because the next few posts are going to be something sweet and cold. It’s 90 degrees here today and with no signs of cooler weather in the near future, I’m thinking about ice cream. Who can say no to a double scoop of Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream? I love homemade ice cream because it is so easy to make but tastes a thousand times better than standard store-bought ice cream. For this flavor, I used a sweet cream base and added chunks of fresh strawberries and chocolate. I also teamed up with a group of ice cream lovers to bring you more than 18 different flavors of ice cream and a chance to win your own ice cream maker.
Don’t forget to come back next week for two more ice cold sweet treats. You don’t want to miss them. In the meantime, visit my friends for more delicious ice cream recipes and enter the giveaway below!
I teamed up with 18 other bloggers to share innovative ice cream recipes with you and to bring you a delectable ice cream making giveaway. We’re using the hashtag #weekofsundaes on social media this week. Check out our blogs to see all of our innovative ice cream recipes throughout the week:
Ashley at Spoonful of Flavor // Ashley at Cookie Monster Cooking // Madison at Wetherills Say I Do // Erin at The Speckled Palate // Julia at Tag & Tibby // LeAndra at Love & Flour // Molly at Hey There Sunshine // Nick at Macheesmo // Meredith at Meredith Noelle // Heather at Sugar Dish Me // Linda at Brunch with Joy // Katie at Twin Stripe // Erica at Crumby Cupcake // Beth at bethcakes // Meghan at Cake ‘n Knife // Dan at The Food in my Beard // Bethany at Bethany Grow // Cate at Chez CateyLou // Susannah at Feast + West
One lucky winner will get this BIG ice cream making prize pack that’s worth more than $265! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set. The prize pack includes:
- A Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker with double-insulated 2-quart freezer bowl // $165 value
- A Chef’s Choice Waffle Cone Express Ice Cream Cone Maker // $70 value
- Set of four 6-ounce Tovolo Mini Sweet Treats Tubs // $13 value
- A Zeroll Original Ice Cream Scoop // $19.95 value
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 20 additional entries by following the ice cream week contributors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Monday, Sept. 7, 2015 at 10 a.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $265. Prizes shown in the graphic are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of Aug. 17, 2015.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chunks
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat 1 cup of the heavy cream, sugar and salt to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Once sugar is melted, remove from heat and stir in remaining cup of cream, milk and vanilla. Chill mixture in the refrigerator. Once chilled, freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Gently fold in strawberries and chocolate. Store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 2872, Fat: 205g, Saturated Fat: 127g, Cholesterol: 690mg, Sodium: 350mg, Potassium: 899mg, Carbohydrates: 247g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 225g, Protein: 22g, Vitamin A: 151.9%, Vitamin C: 106.1%, Calcium: 71.3%, Iron: 9.4%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.