Chocolate Glazed Donuts are made with a baked chocolate cake and topped with a sweet chocolate glaze! Baked donuts are a great alternative to fried donuts and taste just as good.
To be honest, I am not a huge fan of donuts. To me, they are too heavy, too sweet and not worth the calories. I’d rather eat a berry salad or my favorite coffeecake muffins. However, if you give me a donut that tastes like a cupcakes then I can’t refuse.
After receiving a donut pan for Christmas, I knew I needed to finally put it to use. For my first endeavor making donuts, I wanted something that was quick and easy. These donuts are perfect because they are baked and taste very much like a morning cupcake. As a bonus, they are double the chocolate flavor. Make these donuts for a quick and delicious breakfast or an afternoon treat.
Chocolate Glazed Donuts
For the donuts:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the frosting:
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- To make the donuts, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat in the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and butter. Beat until well blended. Fill each donut cup about ¾ full (I use a pastry bag with the corner snipped to do it neatly). Bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool slightly. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make chocolate glaze, mix together the cream, milk, butter, vanilla and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium low heat. When butter is completely melted, turn heat to low and stir in the chocolate. Remove from heat and whisk in the confectioners’ sugar.
- Dip each donut into the glaze and top with sprinkles, as desired. Allow chocolate glaze to set about 10 minutes.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 348, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 368mg, Potassium: 201mg, Carbohydrates: 57g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 34g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 310%, Calcium: 59%, Iron: 2.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.