Chocolate Macaroons are a healthy cookie that you will love! They are made with a few simple ingredients and are gluten free, dairy free, vegan and raw!
Hi, my name is Ashley and I am a chocoholic. I can’t resist, I love any and all chocolate. Dark chocolate is my favorite and if you add coconut, salt or crunchy nuts then I love it even more. The best part about chocolate is that you don’t really need a lot of it to satisfy a craving. Even though I love chocolate, I try to make healthier choices whenever possible. I love raw coconut macaroons because they are easy to make with a few simple ingredients and the flavor options are endless. Chocolate macaroons are made with cocoa powder and a few additional ingredients. They are gluten free, dairy free, vegan and can be made raw. They are sweet and full of chocolate flavor.
I know what you are thinking – cookies can’t be healthy and delicious. Yes, they can! Make a batch at the beginning of the week, store them in your refrigerator and snack on them during the week. One little cookie is enough to satisfy your craving for something chocolate and sweet.
Chocolate Macaroons (Coco-roons)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons unsweetened or raw cocoa powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until well blended and the mixture starts to clump. Using a one inch cookie scoop, pack the mixture into the scoop and place cookie on cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Turn off oven but leave the cookies inside for 15 additional minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. (see notes for completely raw version)
Nutrition InformationCalories: 156, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Sodium: 28mg, Potassium: 74mg, Carbohydrates: 7g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin C: 0.2%, Calcium: 2.2%, Iron: 3.5%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Try some of my other favorite macaroon (coco-roon) flavors:
This post may contain affiliate links.