I don’t really decorate for any other holidays besides Christmas. I will switch things around sometimes and decorate with spring or fall items, but I don’t have a lot of holiday decor. I do, however love having fun holiday treats around to provide a fun pop of color and holiday flair. Having festive treats around makes the holidays feel a little more special. These Chocolate Raspberry Truffles are the perfect way to add a little fun to your Valentine’s Day.
I have a deep love for truffles. Mysterious and beautiful, you never know what fun flavor is hiding behind their dark chocolate shell. I’m pretty sure that there was never a truffle I’ve tried that I didn’t like. Everything is better with chocolate, right?
These truffles are incredibly easy to make. There is no need to dip them. You just prepare the chocolate, add a little raspberry sauce, roll them into balls and coat them with sprinkles, nuts or powdered sugar. That’s it. The raspberry flavor is subtle and simple. It adds just a hint of sweet raspberry flavor. These chocolate raspberry truffles would make the perfect treat to share with your special Valentine or even the entire family. Make sure to stop by later this week for more fun Valentine’s Day recipes, including more truffles.
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce
- assorted sprinkles or confectioners' sugar
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk. Stir until smooth and no chunks of chocolate remain. Remove from heat and stir in raspberry sauce. Refrigerate chocolate mixture for 2 hours.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, scoop about a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture. Roll it into a ball and then coat with sprinkles or confectioners' sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Makes 24 to 48 truffles depending on size.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 189, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 23mg, Potassium: 188mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 17g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 1.1%, Vitamin C: 0.9%, Calcium: 6.1%, Iron: 8.1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.