Chorizo breakfast hash with sriracha honey lime sour cream is loaded with fresh veggies and topped with baked eggs and flavorful sour cream! Start the day the right way with a delicious and easy one pot meal!
Welcome to Spoonful of Flavor 2.0! You may have noticed that I launched a completely new blog design and layout this week. I want to thank everyone for your patience over the Easter holiday weekend. My blog was down a little longer than expected to complete the updates but I hope that you were all able to enjoy my recipes over the holiday weekend. Thank you to everyone who sent me emails, tweets and Facebook messages with pictures of the recipes that you tried. I love seeing your pictures and hearing your feedback!
The new design has been a work in progress since last fall and I am excited to finally share the results with you. I am working on a few minor tweaks and edits so please bear with me over the next few days as we get everything working properly. I hope the new layout will make it easier for you to find your favorite recipes. I would love to hear your thoughts on the new layout. Leave a comment, email me or send me a message on Twitter and Facebook. Next week I will be back to explain some of the fun new features.
In the meantime, I couldn’t stop by today without sharing another recipe with you. Chorizo hash with sriracha honey lime sour cream is a meal that I love for breakfast lunch and dinner. As a one pot dish, it is relatively easy and efficient. I add chorizo, sweet potato, onion, and red bell pepper. The veggies are then topped with eggs and baked in the oven. The best part about this dish is the flavorful sriracha honey lime sour cream that I drizzle over the top after garnishing with chopped avocado and cilantro.
Because I love eating breakfast for dinner, this dish is the perfect weeknight meal. Add it to your breakfast, brunch or dinner menu and enjoy a hearty and flavorful meal!
Chorizo Breakfast Hash with Sriracha Honey Lime Sour Cream
For the breakfast hash:
- 1/2 pound ground chorizo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
For the sriracha honey lime sour cream:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha depending on taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In an ovenproof skillet set over medium heat, add ground chorizo and cook until meat is cooked through about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove chorizo from skillet and set aside. Add olive oil to skillet and heat until simmering. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add onion and peppers and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Turn off heat and add cooked chorizo to skillet. Toss to combine.
- Make 4 small wells in the mixture. Carefully break 1 egg over a fine mesh strainer set over a small bowl. Add the egg remaining in the strainer to one of the wells. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Cook in oven until eggs are barely set and yolks are still slightly runny, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the hash is cooking, add the sour cream, sriarcha sauce, honey and lime juice to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is combined.
- Remove hash from oven. Garnish with avocado, cilantro and sriracha honey lime sour cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 581, Fat: 44g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 221mg, Sodium: 629mg, Potassium: 676mg, Carbohydrates: 29g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 17g, Vitamin A: 221.1%, Vitamin C: 60.6%, Calcium: 10.2%, Iron: 11.5%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor
Don’t forget to click the Yum button below to save my recipes to your personal recipe box!