Cinnamon French toast with whipped topping and mixed berries is perfect for brunch. Kids and adults will love this easy meal!
A few slices of French toast topped with whipped cream and simple mixed berries is the perfect brunch. This recipe is relatively easy to make and tastes great every single time. Try it topped with your favorite berries or slices of bananas and more.
Serve the french toast is any of your favorite toppings. We love serving it with homemade whipped cream and fresh berries.
Cinnamon French Toast
- 8 slices bread, , 3/4 inch thick (French, Brioche or Challah)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- butter, for cooking
- whipped cream, for topping
- fresh berries, for topping
- maple syrup or berry syrup , for topping
- In a shallow baking dish, arrange four slices of bread in a single layer. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla; whisk to blend. Pour the mixture over the bread and let stand for 3 minutes. Turn the slices over and let stand for an additional 3 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet and coat the bottom of the pan with butter. Add a few pieces of soaked bread to the skillet and cook on each side until golden brown. While the first batch is cooking, add additional slices of bread to the baking dish to soak, 3 minutes on each side. Repeat until all slices are cooked.
- To serve, top the French toast with whipped topping and fresh berries. Serve immediately with maple syrup, as desired. Enjoy!