Thank you to Noosa Yoghurt for sponsoring this post!
Vanilla bean cupcakes with fresh cranberries and chocolate chips are topped with vanilla yoghurt frosting to create a fun dessert with a sweet tart flavor!
If you want to make people happy, give them a cupcake. I never have a problem giving away my cupcakes because people love to enjoy a sweet single serving treat topped with decadent frosting. Today, I am bringing you a flavor packed cupcake filled with fresh cranberries and chocolate chips. Every bite of these cupcakes is a different flavor experience. For the first bite, you might taste the fresh tart flavor of the cranberries and the next bite you enjoy sweet chocolate goodness. Cranberry and chocolate chip cupcakes with vanilla yoghurt frosting are a fun treat for the holidays, dinner parties and more.
Best of all, these cupcakes are topped with a creamy vanilla yoghurt frosting made with Noosa Yoghurt. Not only do I love eating the yoghurt right out of the container, but I also love adding it to my favorite recipes. The yoghurt is available in a variety of flavors so the options are endless.
Last week I had the opportunity to chat with Koel Thomae, co-founder of Noosa Yoghurt. She first discovered the sweet Aussie style yoghurt in a small shop in Australia. When she came back to the United States, she knew that she had to bring back the flavor of the yoghurt with her and I am so glad that she did. The flavor and texture of the yoghurt is unlike anything that I’ve eaten. Honey is infused into the yoghurt to give it a subtle sweet flavor and velvety smooth texture. I also love that all of the milk used in the yoghurt is sourced from farms located within a one-hour drive of their headquarters in Colorado.
For the base of this cupcake I used my favorite vanilla bean cupcake. The cupcake has a light texture thanks to the addition of the whipped cream. I added one cup of fresh cranberries and one cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. For the frosting I used Vanilla Noosa Yoghurt, one of their new flavors available in a 24-ounce tub. Once you dig your spoon into the vanilla yoghurt you won’t be able to stop. More yoghurt, please!
Go ahead, bake a batch of these cranberry and chocolate chip cupcakes with vanilla yoghurt frosting to share with your friends and family!
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Vanilla Yoghurt Frosting
For the cupcakes:
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk at room temperature
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 whole egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream cold
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the vanilla yoghurt frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Noosa vanilla yoghurt
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- fresh cranberries for garnish
- To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- To make the cupcakes, in a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a glass measuring cup, whisk the milk, eggs and vanilla.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and creamy, about 5 minutes. Alternate additions of the flour mixture and liquid mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture (3 dry additions, 2 wet), beating after each addition until incorporated. Continue mixing on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Chill a clean stainless mixer bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes. Return bowl to mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and then whisk the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form (This is where a hand mixer comes in handy, or you can transfer the batter to a second bowl, wash the bowl and then whisk the cream in your stand mixer). Fold the whipped cream, cranberries and chocolate chips into the cake batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among cupcake liners (about 2/3 full) and bake until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs, about 16-18 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on wire racks. Repeat with second muffin pan.
- To make the vanilla yoghurt frosting, in an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese and butter. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Add the yoghurt and mix until combined. Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until frosting is smooth. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until it firms up a bit.
- Using a knife or the back of a spoon, spread a small amount of frosting onto each cupcake, garnish with a cranberry and serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 288, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 42mg, Sodium: 118mg, Potassium: 179mg, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 20g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: 8.3%, Vitamin C: 0.9%, Calcium: 7%, Iron: 4.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
I created this post in partnership with Noosa Yoghurt. I first discovered Noosa Yoghurt in my local grocery store a few years ago, eat it regularly and am excited to share it with you. As always, all opinions are my own.