Thank you to Handsome Brook Farm for sponsoring this post!
Cranberry French Toast Muffins are made with a few simple ingredients and fresh cranberries! They are a fun addition to your breakfast or brunch menu and are perfect for your next holiday gathering.
December is here! The month always means holiday parties, sweet celebrations and plenty of tasty treats. It is especially important to make meals that are quick, easy and enjoyed by everyone. Cranberry French Toast Muffins are a great idea for breakfast or brunch because they require minimal prep. The cranberries add a subtle sweet tart flavor to complement the other flavors of the holiday season. Combine a few simple ingredients, top with cranberries, pop in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Drizzle with pure maple syrup and serve!
The recipe calls for 5 eggs and makes enough for the entire family. I used Handsome Brook Farm organic pasture raised eggs. These eggs are a staple in my house because they are high quality and come from pasture raised chickens. Each hen has 108 square feet of outdoor space on rotated pastures. Instead of having one large farm with a huge flock of chickens, they work with small farmers with smaller flocks to give the chickens the love and attention they need. Handsome Brook Farm is also American Humane Certified and USDA Certified Organic. Best of all, with rich golden-orange egg yolks, the eggs are always fresh and taste great. Use the Handsome Brook Farm store locator to find pastured raised organic eggs near you.
Bake a batch of these Cranberry French Toast Muffins any day of the week. Serve them at your next holiday party and don’t forget to drizzle them with real maple syrup!
Cranberry French Toast Muffins
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 cups cubed bread (1/2 inch cubes of sour dough)
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- pure maple syrup for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, sugars, vanilla and cinnamon. Add the cubed bread to the bowl with the egg mixture and toss until combined and the bread has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Divide half of the bread mixture among the muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the cranberries on top, pressing down lightly to compact each cup. Top with remaining bread and then remaining cranberries, pressing down slightly.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly crisp on top and cooked through. Allow the cups to cool for 5 minutes then remove from muffin tin and serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 125, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 77mg, Sodium: 163mg, Potassium: 93mg, Carbohydrates: 17g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 6g, Vitamin A: 3%, Vitamin C: 0.4%, Calcium: 5.4%, Iron: 6.9%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post is sponsored by Handsome Brook Farm. As always, all opinions are my own.