Cranberry Pear Chutney is the perfect compliment to any meal! Spread it over crackers and serve it with cheese or add it to a grilled cheese sandwich – the options are endless!
Have you planned your Thanksgiving Day menu? I finished planning mine this weekend and am looking forward to the turkey, cranberry sauce, maple roasted veggies, butternut squash risotto and pie that I added to the menu. I’ll probably make some cookies too. Before the big meal, I always love to start with a few snacks. Cranberry Pear Chutney, some cheese and even a few appetizers are a great way to start a holiday celebration.
Cranberry season is here and I love adding the juicy red berries to anything and everything. They add a refreshing tart flavor and fun red color to your meal. Cranberries are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. They are native to North America and were part of the first Thanksgiving celebration. Add a few ingredients such as pears, cinnamon, honey, ginger and cloves and you have a delicious spread packed with flavor.
Spread this cranberry and pear chutney over crackers and serve it with cheese. I also love adding it to a grilled cheese sandwich. Take some crusty bread, add a few spoonfuls of chutney and some brie cheese to create the perfect berry-licious meal. Or, just eat this cranberry pear chutney by the spoonful. The chutney is loaded with seasonal flavors and is the perfect compliment to your holiday feast.
I love any excuse to add this chutney to my holiday meal. Spread it over crackers and serve it with cheese or add it to a grilled cheese sandwich – the options are endless!
Cranberry Pear Chutney
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, or 8 ounce bag of cranberries
- 2 pears, peeled and finely diced (I use Bartlett, D'anjou or Bosc)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 whole cloves*
- 1 cinnamon stick
- zest and juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 25 minutes. Mash remaining whole berries. Remove cinnamon stick and cloves. Refrigerate in sealed jars until ready to serve.