Cranberry pistachio biscotti is a tasty biscotti recipe made with a few simple ingredients! Make this famous cookie and enjoy it with a mug of coffee or tea.
Homemade biscotti is better than anything you can buy! Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti is the perfect seasonal holiday cookie. It’s a classic favorite that all biscotti lovers enjoy. This crunchy cookie is perfect for cookie swaps or edible holiday gifts.
How to make cranberry pistachio biscotti
Making biscotti is easier than you think!
- First, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pistachios and cranberries together in a medium bowl.
- Next, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Shape the biscotti into a log. Bake and cool completely.
- Dip the biscotti in melted white chocolate, if desired.
How do you shape a biscotti?
Shape the biscotti into a long log, about 12 to 18 inches long and 5 to 6 inches thick. The dough should be relatively flat, only about 1/2 inch high. During baking, the log puffs up and spreads out a bit.
Biscotti are perfect for cookie swaps or holiday gifts. They will keep for at least a few weeks in a sealed container. I like to package them in a large mason jar. If you are not a big fan of pistachios, you can substitute them for another nut, such as almonds.
Either way, these cranberry pistachio biscotti cookies are perfect for the holidays or anytime. Enjoy!
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted pistachios coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pistachios, and cranberries. Stir to combine.
- In an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together on medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs; mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined to make a dough.
- Form the dough into one long log, about 12-18 inches long and 5-6 inches thick. The dough should be relatively flat, only about 1/2 inch high. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center is firm to the touch. Let the biscotti cool for 15 minutes and then, using a serrated knife; cut into 1 inch wide pieces. Lay each slice on its side. Turn the oven down to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes on each side. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Dip biscotti in chocolate or drizzle over biscotti, as desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 149, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 37mg, Potassium: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 21g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 60%, Vitamin C: 0.2%, Calcium: 37%, Iron: 0.7%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.