Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Creamy Spinach Butternut Squash Noodles is a quick and easy meal made with creamy vegan sauce, fresh greens and sautéed butternut squash noodles! The entire meal is ready in less than 25 minutes!
Sometimes the best recipes are a last minute creation. I created this recipe on a whim one night when I was cleaning out my fridge. I was surprised with how good it came out so I decided to test it a few more times and then share the recipe with you. Creamy Spinach Butternut Squash Noodles comes together in less than 25 minutes and is packed with the freshest flavor!
Butternut squash noodles are sautéed with organicgirl super spinach and then topped with a creamy vegan sauce. The super spinach blend is one of my favorite organicgirl blends because it is so versatile. You can use it in everything from soup and salads to one pot meals and more. It is a combination of baby spinach, baby bok choy and sweet baby kale. Packed with nutrients and fresh flavor, the super spinach blend is the perfect addition to the butternut squash noodles and sauce. Best of all, the greens take less than 5 minutes to sauté!
The creamy vegan sauce is made by combining coconut milk, a dash of maple syrup and a few simple seasonings, including sage and nutmeg. You can use any type of milk you have available, including dairy or almond milk. The sauce thickens with the flour or cornstarch as it cooks.
Do you love leafy greens? Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free eCookbook featuring breakfast, lunch dinner and snack recipes packed with leafy greens. Download the book, print it out and add more leafy greens to your diet every single day of the week. Sign up for my newsletter HERE!
*You will receive a welcome email with a link to download the book.
Creamy Spinach Butternut Squash Noodles
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- pinch of sage
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and spiralized
- 3 ounces organicgirl SUPER SPINACH
- Heat two teaspoons olive oil in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Stir and cook until softened, about two minutes. Add one tablespoon of the flour and stir to combine. Gradually add the coconut milk. Whisk until slightly thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add sauce to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. Return to pan set over low heat and cook, whisking occasionally, for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened. Add another tablespoon of flour to thicken more, if desired. Stir in the maple syrup, sage and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Add butternut squash noodles and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add greens and sauté for one additional minute, or until greens are wilted. Serve noodles with sauce and garnish with additional black pepper, fresh sage or (vegan) Parmesan cheese.
- You can use cornstarch or other gluten-free thickener. Use half as much cornstarch in place of the flour.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 537, Fat: 35g, Saturated Fat: 26g, Sodium: 69mg, Potassium: 1931mg, Carbohydrates: 59g, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 16g, Protein: 8g, Vitamin A: 43850%, Vitamin C: 97.9%, Calcium: 256%, Iron: 5.7%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.