This easy sheet pan side dish features Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots tossed with fresh garlic and simple seasonings. Pair this veggie side dish with any main course for an excellent low-fuss side dish for weeknights and holidays.
If you’re looking to add a simple yet sophisticated recipe to your easy weeknight dinner, these Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots are the perfect side dish. This dish is so simple yet everyone loves it.
Fresh Brussels sprouts and carrots are seasoned and roasted to perfection. This results in juicy Brussels sprouts with delicate crispy leaves and fork tender carrots that taste extra sweet and delicious.
This easy side dish is also great for holidays and special occasions. Gather together a few ingredients and serve them with your favorite main dishes all year long.
Serve these roasted vegetables with lemon pepper chicken, boneless pork chops or your Thanksgiving Turkey.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The brussels sprouts and carrots roast on a single sheet pan for easy clean up.
- The seasonings are simple and are easily customizable.
- This super easy recipe is naturally gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian.
- Prep time is less than 15 minutes before roasting!
Ingredients You Need
You probably have many of the ingredients for this recipe already in your kitchen.
- Brussels Sprouts – Always use fresh Brussels sprouts. Choose small but heavy sprouts as they are sweeter and more tender. The leaves should be firm and bright green without any yellowing or discoloration. Trim off the woody ends and then rinse before cutting them into smaller pieces.
- Carrots – The best carrots are firm, plump and bright orange. Smaller carrots are harvested before maturity, making them sweeter and more flavorful.
- Garlic Cloves – Freshly minced garlic cloves are best for deep, savory flavor.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – You can substitute with avocado oil.
- Seasonings – You will need sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes for heat. If you prefer less heat, you can omit the red pepper flakes.
- Fresh Parsley (Optional) – For garnish and a pop for fresh herb flavor. You can substitute with any other fresh herbs you have on hand like thyme, rosemary or basil.
OPTIONAL: Add a teaspoon of lemon zest before roasting for even more fresh flavor. Or add small strips of bacon in with the veggies. You can even top of the roasted veggies with a handful of walnuts, pecans or pine nuts during the last 5 minutes of roasting time. Add a drizzle of maple syrup for subtly sweet veggies. Or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for more flavor.
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- Prepare for roasting: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, wash and dry the veggies. Cut the brussels sprouts into quarters and cut the carrots into 1-inch pieces. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Season the vegetables: Transfer the veggies to a large bowl. Add the garlic and olive oil, then toss everything together.
- Add to sheet pan for roasting: Spread the vegetables in an even layer on the prepared baking tray. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (to taste.)
- Roast vegetables: Transfer the vegetables to the oven and roast until the veggies are browned and fork-tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish the roasted brussels sprouts and roasted carrots with fresh chopped herbs and enjoy!
- Don’t forget to peel the carrots. The outer layer of the carrots has an earthy-bitter taste.
- For easier clean-up, line your sheet pan with parchment paper or foil, then spread the vegetables out over the parchment paper.
- Chop the vegetables into roughly the same size (1″ inch pieces). This helps them roast evenly.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts cut side down. This helps to achieve the crispy caramelized edges.
- Save time by prepping the vegetables in advance. When you’re ready to roast them, toss everything together on your baking sheet, pop it in the oven, bake and enjoy.
Other Roasted Vegetable Recipes
- Oven Roasted Beets
- Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Parsnips
- Roasted Zucchini and Squash
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Honey Roasted Vegetables
Did you try these Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots? Leave a recipe rating and review below.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved (extra large brussels sprouts should be quartered)
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven heats, wash, dry and cut the vegetables, quartering the sprouts and cutting the carrots into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the vegetables and garlic in a large bowl, then drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and toss to coat evenly. Spread the vegetables in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with salt, pepper and red pepper, to taste.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until they are tender and browned. After removing the vegetables from the oven, garnish with parsley or your favorite fresh herbs before serving.