Turkey Tenderloin is an easy option for dinner any day of the week! It’s the perfect meal for special occasions or an easy weeknight meal. This recipe requires only a few ingredients and less than 10 minutes of prep.
Simple ingredients create the best meals. This easy turkey tenderloin recipe comes together easily to create a light, fresh and flavorful meal.
Turkey is always a good option for entertaining, but it also makes a great meal for two! Roast this tenderloin with some simple vegetables and share it with your Valentine, dinner guests and more. Or save the leftovers to reheat!
how to cook turkey tenderloin
This recipe comes together easy.
Coat a rectangular baking dish with olive oil. Add julienned carrots, sliced onions and sliced red peppers to the bottom of the dish. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle the turkey tenderloin with salt and pepper, then place in the baking dish.
Next, whisk together white wine, chicken broth, garlic powder and dried rosemary. Pour the liquid over the tenderloin.
Cover the dish with foil and roast in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes, until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F in the thickest part. Turn on the broiler and broil for 4 to 5 minutes until browned.
what temperature does turkey tenderloin need to be cooked to?
Use a meat thermometer to ensure that your turkey reaches a safe internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit.
Turkey is naturally low in fat and provides immunity-boosting nutrients like iron, zinc and potassium. It soaks in the flavor of whatever seasonings or marinades it’s cooked with, so always feel free to adjust the seasonings to fit your tastes. You can even experiment with your own flavor combination.
If you can’t find a certain cut of meat in the grocery store, mention it to an employee in the meat department. Increased interest in different turkey cuts will being more variety to your store shelves.
This recipe is easy to adapt. You can adapt for smaller or larger sizes of tenderloin or even use this recipe for boneless or bone-in turkey breast. No matter what cut of turkey you choose, cook the turkey to a safe internal temperature of 165°F.
Easy Turkey Tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for coating
- 1 cup carrots, julienne sliced (1/4-inch)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, thinly slicd
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper
- 1 pound turkey tenderloin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking dish with olive oil. Place vegetables on bottom of dish and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat. Sprinkle the turkey with salt and pepper to taste, then place in the baking dish. In a separate bowl, stir together wine, broth, and seasonings; pour over tenderloin.
- Cover dish with foil and roast 30-40 minutes until turkey reaches 160 degrees F in thickest part. Then turn on high broiler for 4-5 minutes until browned to your liking.
- Refrigerate turkey within two hours and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Thank you to the National Turkey Federation for sponsoring this post. As always, opinions are my own.