We are encouraging you to eat greens daily! Greens like spinach, kale and arugula are packed with powerful antioxidants and nutritional benefits. Add them to your favorite meals for additional nutrients without sacrificing flavor.
We are SO excited to launch our biggest campaign this year. We love adding fresh greens to every meal and we are challenging you to eat greens every single day in 2019! Because there are many different varieties of greens and so many tasty ways to enjoy them, eating greens every single day should be a relatively easy challenge to complete. Forget boring salads! We want to make it easy and enjoyable to add fresh flavor and powerful nutrients to every meal. Over the coming year, we will be talking about all of the delectable ways to eat greens like our favorite One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta with Baby Kale and our Asian Chicken Meatball Lettuce Wraps!
Greens are an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable. They have high amounts of antioxidants, vitamins, iron, and calcium. Greens cook quickly and don’t alter the flavor of most dishes, so you can enjoy them any way you want. They are available year-round in a variety of options. Spinach, kale, arugula, romaine, butter lettuce, chard, bok choy, mâche rosette – take your pick because we want you to challenge yourself to eat more greens in exciting new ways. All year long we will be sharing tasty new recipes, new videos and tutorials. In addition, we are also excited to launch the following:
Cooking with greens
Adding greens to every meal is easy! They take less than 5 minutes to cook and are a great addition to any meal. Below are a few quick and easy ways to add greens to your favorite meals.
- Add a handful of greens to your morning smoothie.
- Mix a few handfuls of greens into savory breakfast recipes like omelets, frittatas and more.
- Add greens during the last five minutes of cooking a one pan dish like pasta or soup.
- Hide greens in sweet treats like Double Chocolate Muffins.
- Make salads packed with the best flavors.
- Puree greens into your favorite healthy snacks.
- Sauté greens on the stove in a skillet and then add to toast or your favorite side dish.
Eat Greens Daily Challenge on Instagram
Win a $100 Visa Gift Card!!!
Here’s how to participate in the monthly Instagram challenge:
- Step 1: Share how you eat greens daily on Instagram. You can make a recipe from Spoonful of Flavor or another recipe. Make a recipe that already features greens or add greens to your favorite recipe. Or add greens to your dinner plate, morning smoothie and more. We don’t care how you eat them, we just want to see you eating greens every single day.
- Step 2: Take a photo of your dish and share it. You have TWO ways to share your photo to be eligible for the prize:
- Upload your photo to your PUBLIC Instagram account and tag me @spoonfulflavor AND use the hashtag #spoonfulflavor and #EatGreensDaily; OR
- Send me a direct message on Instagram with your photo. By sending me a direct message with your photo featuring greens, you authorize us to reshare it on our public @Spoonfulflavor account.
Now, let’s talk prizes. Everyone who submits a photo following the instructions above will be entered into a random monthly giveaway to win a $100 Visa gift card each month! No purchase necessary. One winner is chosen each month.
# of entries: You can enter as many times as you want, but you must submit a new photo each time.
This giveaway is open to anyone ages 18 and over. You must be based in the United States to win. Winner will be randomly selected from all entries. The winner will receive a message on Instagram to notify them. The winner must reply back within 96 hours. If there is no response, a new winner will be picked.
Other exciting content
- Huge Giveaways: Do you want to win an entire month of groceries? or $1000 cash? These are two of the exciting new giveaways coming your way. Follow us on Instagram or subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss these giveaways.
- Videos: We are launching new video content throughout the entire year. This means more recipes, tutorials and how-tos are coming your way! Check back on our website and follow us on Facebook to see all of our video content.
- Recipes, tips and more: We are launching even more recipes than every before. Eating greens daily is easy when you have the best recipes. New recipes will be published on our site and shared across all of our social media channels, including our newsletter. Make sure you watch our Instagram stories where we share daily or weekly short videos to inspire you to eat more greens by making great tasting meals.
Easy Weeknight Meal Plans
Do you receive our newsletters? We offer FREE printable Easy Weeknight Meal Plans for our newsletter subscribers. Receive a new meal plan for each week. The meal plans include full recipe details, instructions and shopping list. In addition, we offer substitutions, tips and more. The meal plans include inspiration for eating greens daily, including suggestions for breakfast, lunch, and snack too. Click here to sign up for our newsletter.
IF YOU MAKE A RECIPE FEATURING GREENS, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR AND #EATGREENSDAILY ON INSTAGRAM.