I hope that everyone who celebrated had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now that most of us are stuffed with turkey and pie, we are ready for a little holiday shopping. Finding the perfect gift is difficult and getting it all done within a few weeks can be a challenge. Today, I am sharing a list of 12 of my favorite things. These are all items that I own myself and have used over the past year or longer. On this list, you will find everything from a lemon tree to my favorite cookware. The best part about this list is that every week, from now until Christmas, I will be hosting a giveaway featuring one of the items on the list.
My Favorite Things (Holiday Gift Guide 2013):
(1) Le Creuset Dutch Oven – I highly recommend a dutch oven. I use mine for everything from chili and soup to roasting a whole chicken. They cook evenly and are incredibly easy to clean. My Le Creuset Dutch Oven was a gift a few years ago. Out of everything in my kitchen, I love this item the most.
(2) Cooks Illustrated Magazine Subscription – It should be no surprise that I love Cooks Illustrated. I recommend having a subscription to either the print or online edition (or both). Having access to Cooks Illustrated is convenient for when I need a recipe that I know will work.
(3)Leopard Print Scarf – I love leopard print accessories, and a leopard print scarf is the perfect way to add a little fun to a basic outfit. I like this scarf because of the additional color and fun design.
(4) The Flavor Bible – If I could recommend one and only one book to use as a reference when cooking or baking, this is the book. Over the past year, I’ve used this book more than any other. It is a useful guide for creating new dishes and adding a unique flavor to a dish you already love.
(5) Tory Burch Double Zip Robinson Tote – It is difficult to find a work tote that is fashionable, fun and just the right size. I love this tote. I’ve used it every workday for the past year and it is perfect for work. I love the multiple compartments which fit my iPad, planner, folders, and other things perfectly. I have this bag in a deep purple color and it is gorgeous. I love the bag so much that I am thinking of purchasing another one in black or tan.
(6) Meyer Lemon Tree – I’m glad that I live in Florida where Meyer Lemon trees can be easily grown. We have two Meyer Lemon Trees which produce hundreds of lemons each year. Not only are they gorgeous trees but they produce the most delicious lemons. I love stepping outside my back door and being able to pick fresh lemons as I need them. They can also be grown in a pot placed on a patio or in a sunny room. A tree is a gift that will last a lifetime.
(7) Erin Condren Life Planner – The Life Planner is a relatively recent purchase, but I love it so far. Before I purchased the Life Planner, I had two small planners and one notebook to organize my life, work and blog stuff. I am working on consolidating everything into the Life Planner and so far it seems to be working well. I may do a separate review on the planner to provide more details.
(8) DSLR Camera – For anyone looking to make an upgrade from a point and shoot camera, I highly recommend a DSLR. Upgrading to a DSLR before I started the blog was one of the best decisions I ever made. For the price, the Canon Rebel models are a great deal.
(9) Stitch Fix – I’ve already expressed how much I love Stitch Fix here and here. The past few months, I’ve had little desire to go clothing shopping at actual stores so Stitch Fix has worked out perfectly. I have high quality fun clothes delivered right to my door without ever leaving my house.
(10) Republic of Tea Tea – I’m obsessed with tea. I probably have hundreds of bags of tea in my house at any given time. I drink at least two cups of tea everyday. Republic of Tea Honey Ginseng Green Tea is my absolute favorite tea. And I love receiving tea as a gift because I often discover new flavors and brands of tea.
(11) Lily and Val Holiday Cards – Lily and Val is one of the fabulous shops I discovered on Etsy. I purchased the holiday note cards to include in my cookie swap packages and other holiday goodies. I’m going to be placing another order soon for Thank You cards and a print to display in my home. The designs are hand lettered on chalkboard and then photographed and printed to create cards, prints and even wrapping paper.
(12) Garnish – After you purchase all of your holiday gifts and make all your holiday treats, you need to package and wrap them. Garnish has everything you need. I frequently order from Garnish for events and holidays. They have everything from leftover containers to bakers twine. The shipping is fast and they are wonderful to deal with.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. I own all of these items and highly recommend them because I have used them over the past year or longer. This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you were to make a purchase I would receive a small commission. Thanks for your support of Spoonful of Flavor!