Gingerbread macaroons are a great sweet alternative to gingerbread cookies. With the same cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger flavor these cookies are gluten free, dairy free and can be made raw!
Are you craving gingerbread cookies but want to eat something healthier? Let me tell you, these little cookies might not look like much but they are sweet little treat that you won’t be able to resist. I love coconut macaroon cookies because they are a great healthier alternative to a standard cookie. I used all of the same gingerbread spices and added them to my standard base recipe for coconut macaroons. Once you take one bite into these Gingerbread Macaroons you will want to make a second batch to share with friends and family.
Don’t forget to stop by again next week because I will be sharing my absolute favorite macaroon recipe. In the meantime, make a batch of these Gingerbread Cookies to share with your friends and family.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until well blended and the mixture starts to clump. Using a one inch cookie scoop, pack the mixture into the scoop and place cookie on cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Turn off oven but leave the cookies inside for 15 additional minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. (see notes for completely raw version)
Nutrition InformationCalories: 84, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 24mg, Potassium: 15mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 1g, Calcium: 2.2%, Iron: 1.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Don’t miss my other favorite coconut macaroon recipes: