Ground turkey stuffed peppers with quinoa is an easy stuffed peppers recipe. Prep this recipe in only 15 minutes before baking in the oven! The entire family will love this easy dinner recipe.
Stuffed peppers are the perfect family dinner year round! These easy turkey stuffed peppers requires only 15 minutes of prep work. The turkey quinoa filling is adapted from our popular turkey taco quinoa skillet recipe to create a well-rounded meal that the entire family will love. In addition to ground turkey, quinoa and spices, the filling is made with high quality Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes Italian Style in puree.
Use the Italian style diced tomatoes for this recipe for the best texture and flavor. The diced tomatoes are balanced in olive oil and tomato puree. The puree adds flavor and thickness to the stuffed pepper filling with a hint of Italian inspiration.
Tuttorosso tomatoes are my go-to choice for canned tomatoes. They are always high quality and packed with the freshest flavor. The tomatoes are picked at peak ripeness using non-GMO ingredients and BPA free cans. Thanks to the unique Steam-Sealed Flavor-Lo™ system, the fresh tomato flavor is locked into the tomatoes.
Tuttorosso tomatoes are an essential component of this dish because they contain the absolute best texture and flavor. If you don’t believe me, try them in these ground turkey stuffed peppers and let us know what you think!
How to make ground turkey stuffed peppers
To make stuffed peppers, first prepare the pepper filling. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the diced onion and cook until softened. Then, add the ground turkey and garlic. Cook until the meat turns brown, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks. Add spices and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add diced tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken. Stir in the quinoa and lime juice.
Once the pepper filling is ready, fill the peppers will the mixture. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and sprinkle peppers with shredded cheese. Return the peppers to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. See the recipe card below for ingredient list and directions for making easy stuffed peppers.
Tips for making stuffed peppers
- Prep the ground turkey stuffed peppers in advance. Prepare them and cover with foil, then refrigerate until you are ready to bake. You can refrigerate the prepped peppers for up to 2 days. When you are ready to eat them, bake and enjoy!
- Stuffed peppers are great for leftovers. Prepare the entire recipe, refrigerate and then reheat in the microwave or oven just prior to serving.
- Use high quality ingredients for the best texture and flavor. We always recommend using Tuttorosso tomatoes. Use the store locator to locate Tuttorosso near you!
Other ways to use diced tomatoes
- Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Skillet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos – use a can of diced tomatoes with chopped red onion instead of the salsa
- Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili
If you try this quinoa stuffed peppers recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below! Share on Instagram and tag @spoonfulflavor so we can see what you’re making in your own kitchen.
Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 28 ounces Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes Italian Style in puree
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- juice of one lime
- 3 extra large bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cilantro , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the diced onion and cook for about 2 minutes until it starts to soften. Add the ground turkey and minced garlic and cook until the meat is almost cooked through, breaking it up in crumbles with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked quinoa. Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture.
- 3. Fill the peppers with the mixture. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and carefully sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- These cooked peppers will keep refrigerated as leftovers for up to 3 days.
If you want to learn more about Tuttorosso and check out more great recipes featuring the tomatoes, visit tuttorossotomatoes.com.