Ham and cheese pinwheels are the perfect party appetizer or snack. They are made with a homemade ranch cream cheese spread, ham, cheese and a few other simple ingredients. These ham and cheese roll ups are made in less than 20 minutes!
If you’re looking for a tasty snack, lunch or appetizer that is great any time of the year, then you came to the right place. This ham and cheese pinwheel recipe requires only 20 minutes of actual prep work.
Combine a cheesy ranch cream cheese spread, ham, pickles and delicious tortillas wraps to create a delectable school lunch or party appetizer.
Serve these roll ups for a Superbowl party, potluck, Christmas party or New Year’s Eve party!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They are great for school lunch, holiday parties and more.
- They require only 20 minutes of prep!
- They are one of the best easy appetizer recipes for both kids and adults.
Ingredients You Need
You only need a few basic ingredients for these ham and cream cheese roll ups. Find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store.
- Ranch Cream Cheese Spread: You will need cream cheese, buttermilk, lemon juice, dried parsley, dried dill, granulated garlic, granulated onion, salt and pepper for the cream cheese spread. You can substitute all of the seasonings for a 1.5 ounce packet of Ranch seasoning mix.
- Tortilla Wraps: Use 8 inch Tortilla Wraps. You can use flour tortillas or gluten free tortillas.tor
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: You can substitute with diced pieces of sliced swiss cheese, if desired.
- Chives – Add fresh flavor.
- Deli Ham Slices – Chop the ham into small pieces. You can even substitute for turkey, roast beef, salami, pepperoni or your other favorite deli meat.
- Dill Pickle – The pickles will also be diced into small pieces.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
These ham and cheese roll ups come together in less than 20 minutes. You will need to chill them before serving, but they can be prepped ahead, chilled and then served when you’re ready.
- Make the ranch cream cheese: Combine cream cheese, buttermilk, lemon juice, parsley, dill, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and refrigerate until you’re ready to make the wraps.
- Finish prepping the cream cheese spread: Mix together the ranch cream cheese, shredded cheese and chives. Spread over the tortillas.
- Assemble the tortilla roll ups: Sprinkle each tortilla with ham and pickles. Roll tortillas tight and then place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours until chilled. You can skip the chilling step but they will be more difficult to cut because of the softened cream cheese.
- Cut and serve: Use a serrated knife to cut each wrap into 1/2 inch wheels and serve.
TIME SAVING TIP: You can substitute all of the seasonings in the ranch cream cheese with a 1.5 ounce packet of Ranch seasoning mix. Simply combine the seasoning mix with the cream cheese in step 1 above.
- Use Ranch Seasoning mix for easy prep! Instead of making the cream cheese spread with homemade ranch seasoning ingredients, you can use a ranch seasoning packet instead. Either way, the pinwheel sandwiches are packed with flavor.
- Prep the pinwheels ahead of time – You can make these pinwheels up to 24 hours in advance of serving. Arrange them on a serving plate, cover and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Other Easy Party Appetizer Recipes
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Baked Oysters
- Mango Habanero Chicken Wings
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Did you try these Ham and Cheese Pinwheels? Leave a recipe rating and review below!
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
Ranch Cream Cheese Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the pinwheel sandwiches
- 4 tortilla wraps, (8 inch size)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped deli ham
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickle
To make the Ranch Cream Cheese
- Place the cream cheese, buttermilk and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients for the cream cheese spread and pulse until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ranch cream cheese, shredded cheese and chives. Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture into even layers on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with ham and diced pickle. Roll each tortilla tight to make sure the cream cheese binds the tortillas together.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours until fully chilled. Cut into 1/2-inch wheels and serve.