Ham and cheese pinwheels are the perfect appetizer or snack. They are made with a homemade ranch cream cheese spread, ham, cheese and a few other simple ingredients. These ham and cheese roll ups are made in less than 20 minutes!
A huge thanks to Mission Foods for sponsoring this post!
If you’re looking for a tasty snack, lunch or appetizer that is great any time of the year, then you came to the right place. This ham and cheese pinwheel recipe requires only 20 minutes of actual prep work. Made with a cheesy ranch cream cheese spread, ham, pickles and delicious tortillas wraps, these ham and cheese roll ups are a great idea for school lunch and are the perfect appetizer for holiday parties.
For this recipe, we used the NEW Mission Whole Wheat+ Honey Oat Tortilla Wraps. They are a great source of fiber and are made with honey and wholesome oats to make these tortilla pinwheels taste even better. They are a good source of fiber and contain no artificial colors or flavors. We use these wraps for everything from breakfast burritos to quesadillas and more. Combined with the other ingredients creates a tasty meal.
How to make ham and cheese pinwheels
- First, make the ranch cream cheese by combining cream cheese, buttermilk, lemon juice, parsley, dill, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and refrigerate until you’re ready to make the wraps.
- Next, mix together the ranch cream cheese, shredded cheese and chives. Spread over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with ham and pickles. Roll tight and then place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours until chilled.
- Cut each wrap into 1/2 inch wheels and serve.
We also really love the Mission Whole Wheat+ Chia & Quinoa Tortilla Wraps made with chia seeds and protein rich quinoa. Try them and let us know what you think!
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
Ranch Cream Cheese Spread
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the pinwheel sandwiches
- 4 Mission Whole Wheat+ Honey & Oat Tortilla Wraps
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons chives chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped deli ham
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickle
To make the Ranch Cream Cheese
Place the cream cheese, buttermilk and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients for the cream cheese spread and pulse until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
In a medium bowl, mix together the ranch cream cheese, shredded cheese and chives. Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture into even layers on each tortilla.
Sprinkle each tortilla with ham and diced pickle. Roll each tortilla tight to make sure the cream cheese binds the tortillas together.
Place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours until fully chilled. Cut into 1/2-inch wheels and serve.
- Store these sandwiches in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 67, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Sodium: 576mg, Potassium: 21mg, Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 161%, Vitamin C: 1%, Calcium: 48%, Iron: 1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.