The weekend is finally here! One of my favorite things about the weekend is breakfast and brunch. During the week, it is usually grab-and-go for breakfast, which means most mornings I just grab some fruit or make a smoothie. But on the weekend, I relish the time I have to cook breakfast. Saturday mornings are my favorite part of the week. I wake up, head to the gym and come back home to make something wholesome and fresh. Quite often, our weekend breakfast menu includes this Ham and Spinach Frittata.
Frittata’s are the perfect one pot breakfast meal. They are relatively easy to make and are ready in less than 30 minutes. They are also great for cleaning out the refrigerator. Perhaps you have some leftover ham or fresh spring veggetables. Just throw in some crisp veggies, cubed ham and cheese (never forget the cheese!). Then combine with the eggs and bake in the oven. The result is a meal that everyone will love.
Enjoy your weekend and bake up something that the entire family will love!
Why not serve the Ham and Spinach Frittata with these Spring Onion and Cheddar Scones?
Ham & Spinach Frittata
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk; set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 10-inch non-stick skillet. Add shallot, garlic and baby spinach. Saute until the spinach is wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and add ham and cheese. Stir to combine. Pour egg mixture over the top; gently stir until combined.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until center is set.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.