Key Lime Pie Macaroons are a healthy cookie that you will love! They are made with fresh limes and coconut cream and are gluten free, dairy free, vegan and raw!
A few weeks ago I shared the recipe for Lemon Pie Macaroons. Since many of you sent me pictures and feedback saying you loved them, I knew that I had to share another variation of the recipe. Everyone loves Key Lime Pie and it is no secret that so many of you love key lime and coconut. After all, my Key Lime Coconut Energy Bites recipe is one of the most popular recipes on this website. These little cookies are the perfect treat because I know that I always have the ingredients on hand and they require little time or effort. Key Lime Pie Macaroons are made with a few simple ingredients, including coconut cream, coconut oil, almond flour, fresh lime zest, lime juice and coconut.
Coconut cream adds the creamy flavor and consistency that you love about key lime pie. They are just like cookies but you don’t feel bad about eating them. I would be lying if I said I didn’t have one for breakfast one day along with a bowl of fresh fruit.
I know that the recipe only calls for a few tablespoons of coconut cream, but there are plenty of other options to use up the remaining can of coconut cream. No Bake Raspberry Lemon Cookie Cups come to mind. For the limes, I just use whatever I have available. Both Key Limes and Persian (traditional) limes work well.
Key Lime Pie Macaroons (Coco-Roons)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest**
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until well blended and the mixture starts to clump. Using a one-inch cookie scoop, pack the mixture into the scoop and place cookie on cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Turn off oven but leave the cookies inside for 15 additional minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days (see notes for completely raw version).
Nutrition InformationCalories: 154, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Sodium: 29mg, Potassium: 82mg, Carbohydrates: 7g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin C: 0.6%, Calcium: 2.2%, Iron: 3.8%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor
Other fun and healthy snacks that you will love:
Cinnamon Apple Pie Energy Bites from Recipe Runner
Skinny Banana Oat Flaxseed Cookies by Hip Foodie Mom
Healthy Nutella Pistachio Truffles by Snixy Kitchen
This post may contain affiliate links.