Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Lemon Spinach Hummus includes everything you love about hummus with the addition of spinach to create this snack packed with green goodness. Serve with homemade baked seasoned pita chips!
In my never-ending quest to add greens to as many meals as possible, I decided to add fresh greens to one of my favorite snacks – hummus! I actually can’t believe that I haven’t shared a hummus recipe on this site since I eat it almost daily and love to make it at home. Lemon spinach hummus is easy to make and is a great way to sneak more greens into your diet. I love to eat it with homemade baked seasoned pita chips or piled high on a sandwich with other fresh ingredients.
Ordering produce for direct shipment to your home is another great way to ensure that you add plenty of fresh greens to your diet. When one of my best clients and favorite brands recently launched their online shop, I was excited to order a delivery of my favorite salad blends, salad dressings and juices. Organicgirl products are now available for home delivery. You can choose one of their quick and easy packages featuring an assortment of their products or you can build your own green box.
For this recipe I used the organicgirl baby spinach I received in my home delivery package. I combined the spinach with a few additional ingredients including fresh parsley, lemon juice and your standard hummus ingredients. Whip up a batch for a healthier snack that tastes great!
Lemon Spinach Hummus
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces organicgirl baby spinach
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- olive oil and fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a food processor, whip together the tahini and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Add the spinach, parsley, garlic, olive oil and salt. Process for one minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add half of the chickpeas and process for one minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the remaining chickpeas and process until smooth, about one to two additional minutes.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl for serving. Drizzle extra olive oil on top and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, as desired. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.