Mango Coconut Snack bars are the perfect snack to satisfy your hunger. Slightly sweet and full of mango and coconut, these bars are a taste of the tropics!
This week has been interesting to say the least. I was supposed to start a new day job on Monday and was also called for federal jury duty the same day. So the past few days I have been serving on a jury. It was my second time serving on a jury and I gained an even greater appreciation for those that serve on lengthy trials. Even though this case was only three days, it was far more mentality draining than the previous case I served. I am more tired than I am even after a long week of work. Luckily, I have these mango coconut snack bars to snack on during the day to provide a much needed boost of energy.
I finally start my new day job today and can get back into my normal routine. Among other things, I am looking forward to having a window in my office. I think it helps boost your mood when you can see the sunlight and beautiful weather outside. It also helps boost my mood to have a few snack bars available to snack on throughout the day.
Mango coconut snack bars are similar to the “Kind” bars that you can buy at the store. They are crunchy, nutty and slightly sweet. I added mango and coconut to give the bars a tropical flavor. These bars are easy and come together in little time.
Mango Coconut Nut Snack Bars
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted peanuts
- 1/3 cup puffed rice cereal
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup dried mango, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large bowl and spatula with baking spray. Line and 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the almonds and brazil nuts in a single layer in the baking pan. Bake until toasted and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop all of the nuts and place them in the prepared bowl. Add the cereal, flaxseed, mango, and coconut. Stir until combined.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the honey and brown-rice syrup until it reaches 260 degrees on a candy thermometer. Add vanilla and stir. Pour the mixture over the nut mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan, and using the spatula, press the mixture into the pan so that it is even. Let pan sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cut into bars, wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in a sealed container for up to two weeks.