Grilled shrimp is layered over quinoa, fresh veggies and olive oil red wine vinaigrette! #DressingItUp with Pompeian red wine vinegar creates a refreshing salad everyone will love!
Quiona salads have become my go-to meal for lunch. They are quick, easy and full of fresh fruits and vegetables. You can make them as light or heavy as you want. I like adding a little protein, like shrimp or chicken too. Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Quinoa Salad is full of fresh vegetables and is bursting with flavor. And now that the weather is warmer, it is perfect for grilling.
Olive oil and red wine vinegar are two of the most versatile items that you can have in your pantry. I love using Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar because it is a great way to add flavor to a fresh salad. The quality is excellent and the vinegar creates a dressing full of a unique and distinct flavor. In celebration of National Salad Month and National Vinegar Month, I am dressing it up with olive oil, red wine vinegar and a little bit of lemon juice. The vinaigrette and other flavors combine to create a dish that is refreshing and perfect for summer.
Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Quinoa Salad
For the shrimp:
- 1/2 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and diced, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients for the shrimp in a large bowl and marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes. Heat grill to medium-high. Remove shrimp from marinade and cook until opaque and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, feta cheese, and garbanzo beans. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss well to combine. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Layer shrimp over salad. Garnish with avocado and serve.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 599, Fat: 47g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 159mg, Sodium: 668mg, Potassium: 680mg, Carbohydrates: 26g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 19g, Vitamin A: 16.5%, Vitamin C: 48.7%, Calcium: 23.7%, Iron: 22.5%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
For additional recipe ideas, you can visit the Pompeian website. Also follow Pompeian on social media: