One pan chicken sausage with roasted vegetables and apples is an easy chicken sheet pan dinner that is made in less than 30 minutes! A few simple ingredients creates a flavorful fall meal.
Simple meals are my go-to for any day of the week! Fall is right around the corner and I’m craving fall vegetables like broccoli, brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. One pan chicken sausage with roasted vegetables and apples is an entire meal that you can enjoy all year long. Sheet pan dinners make meal prep and clean up easy. Everything cooks on the pan in under 30 minutes to create an easy clean eating recipe that you can enjoy all year long. Baked lemon pepper chicken drumsticks with roasted broccoli and cauliflower with lemon and garlic is one of our another favorite one sheet pan dinner.
How to Make One Pan Chicken Sausage with Roasted Vegetables and Apples
Add chopped sweet potato, apple and broccoli to a pan with sliced chicken sausage and halved brussels sprouts. You can use any chicken sausage but we love to use apple chicken sausage. Add rosemary, cinnamon, salt and pepper for additional flavor. Toss with olive oil and then bake in the oven at 425° degrees Farenheit for 25 minutes. You can even prep everything in advance, bake and then serve.
How to cook chicken sausage
Chicken sausage is a versatile ingredient. Roast chicken sausage with vegetables in this recipe or place them in a skillet over medium heat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. You can also boil chicken sausage in a pan on the stove.
We use sweet potato, broccoli and brussels sprouts for the vegetables in this recipe to add nutrients and flavor. We also really love the combination of these vegetables with the rosemary cinnamon seasoning. This recipe can be made year round with any vegetables that are in season.
You can replace the vegetables with:
- green beans
- snow peas
What is Apple Chicken Sausage?
Apple Chicken Sausage is made with a few ingredients including chicken, dried apples and seasonings. It has a sweet flavor and is best served alongside vegetables like sweet potato, butternut squash, corn, broccoli, green beans and asparagus. Unlike spicy sausage, chicken apple sausage packs a lot of flavor without the spiciness. Its the perfect chicken sausage for kids and adults.
Other Chicken Apple Sausage Recipes
- One Pan Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta
- Chicken Apple Sausage Quinoa Casserole
- Sausage Apple and Thyme Breakfast Pizza
Are you looking for more easy clean eating recipes? Check out my healthy dinner recipes for more dinner inspiration. We love these Asian Chicken Meatball Lettuce Wraps and this Lemon Roasted Shrimp with Asparagus and Herbed Couscous for when you need dinner a meal on the table in 30 minutes or less!
Easy Weekly Meal Plans
Do you love easy weeknight meals? Sign up for our newsletter to receive free printable clean eating weekly meal plans with full recipe details, shopping list and more. Click here to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss a thing! If you’re not sure about signing up, read more about our meal plans here. Easy chicken sheet pan dinners and more recipes coming soon!
One Pan Chicken Sausage with Roasted Vegetables and Apples
- 9 ounces chicken sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup halved brussels sprouts
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large apple, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Toss to evenly coat. Transfer to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, tossing halfway through baking. Serve immediately.
- I like using a sweet sausage like Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 271, Fat: 15.7g, Saturated Fat: 3.7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 56.3mg, Sodium: 633.9mg, Potassium: 321.7mg, Carbohydrates: 22.6g, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 10.2g, Protein: 12.2g, Vitamin A: 146.2%, Vitamin C: 100.3%, Calcium: 7.7%, Iron: 9.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Kitchen tools used in this chicken sausage with roasted vegetables recipe
- Chef’s Knife – a good knife is essential in any kitchen. Don’t forget to use a knife sharpener to keep them sharp.
- Sheet Pan – we love these gold sheet pans from Williams Sonoma. They last forever and everything bakes evenly.
- Spatula – you can never have too many serving utensils. All you need for this recipe is a spatula!
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A REVIEW BELOW AND THEN SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.
This post contains affiliate links.