Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Cashew Chicken with Peppers and Greens is an easy one pot meal that is perfect for the weeknight! Chicken, fresh peppers, cashews, greens and a simple sauce are cooked in a skillet to create a flavorful meal that you will want to make again and again.
Cashew Chicken and Peppers with Greens is a meal that I love so much that I often make it multiple times during the week. Everything cooks in one pan and you can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. Packed with vibrant colors, a flavorful sauce and nutritious ingredients, you can’t go wrong with a meal that cooks in one pan.
Have you seen the new organicgirl website? The new site features more of my favorite recipes using organicgirl greens. If the product styling looks familiar that is because I shot many of the photographs and developed many of the recipes featured on the new site. I love working with fresh produce and loved working on the new website with organicgirl. Don’t forget to use the product locator to find organicgirl products near you!
Go ahead, make yourself a simple meal full of flavor and hearty ingredients!
Cashew Chicken with Peppers and Greens
For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
For the cashew chicken and peppers:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 to 4 ounces organicgirl PEPPERGREENS*
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the peppers and cook for 5 additional minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the cashews, greens and sauce and cook for 2 or 3 minutes until the sauce thickens and the greens are wilted. Serve immediately over white or brown rice.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 552, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 1212mg, Potassium: 847mg, Carbohydrates: 48g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 34g, Vitamin A: 21.3%, Vitamin C: 114.2%, Calcium: 3.2%, Iron: 19%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.