Oven roasted green beans and potatoes are the perfect side dish with any meal! Prep this veggie dish in less than 10 minutes with a few ingredients.
Easy veggie side dishes are my go-to for everything from weeknight meals to holiday dinners. Combing vegetables with olive oil and simple seasonings creates a flavorful dish anytime.
Soft and tender potatoes combine with crisp tender green beans to create a delicious, simple dish.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It combines two delicious veggies everyone loves.
- Simple ingredients yield delicious flavor.
- Only 10 minutes of prep work is needed.
- You can serve this dish for an easy weeknight meal or holiday dinner.
The best recipes come together with only a few ingredients. This vegetable side dish comes together with a few simple seasonings.
- Baby Potatoes: Yukon gold baby potatoes or red potatoes are preferred for this recipe. Or you can substitute with another waxy potato.
- Green Beans: Use fresh green beans for the best flavor. If they are in season, the flavor is even better.
- Garlic: Use fresh garlic for the best flavor.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: You can substitute with avocado oil, if desired.
- Seasonings: You will need Italian seasoning, salt and pepper for this recipe. You can substitute the Italian seasoning with dried oregano, dried thyme or dried rosemary (or a combination of fresh herbs.)
How to Make Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
This recipe comes together in two parts – roasted potatoes and roasted green beans.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the potatoes: In a large mixing bowl, toss the sliced baby potatoes together with 2 tablespoons olive oil, Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. When everything is well coated, transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the potatoes for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the green beans: When the potatoes are roasting, add the beans to the same mixing bowl. Drizzle the remaining olive oil on top, then add the garlic, salt and pepper, tossing everything to coat.
- Toss the potatoes and green beans: When the timer goes off, remove the baking sheet with the potatoes from the oven and place the green beans on top fo them. Use tongs to toss the beans and potatoes together, spreading everything in an even layer.
- Bake everything together: Return the baking sheet to the oven. Continue to roast another 15 to 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through and the beans are tender-crisp.
- Slice the potatoes into even-sized pieces. This ensures that the potatoes cook evenly.
- Prep ahead: Wash, dry and cut the vegetables in advance to save prep time. You can also meal prep the entire recipe in advance and enjoy it as a topping for salads or side dish with protein.
- Add fresh lemon flavor. Add fresh lemon zest to the seasoning for a kick of citrus flavor.
- Add Parmesan cheese! You can sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on the vegetables during the last 5 minutes of baking for more flavor.
Store leftover baked green beans and potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a pan on the stove top or on a baking sheet in the oven.
You can’t go wrong with oven roasted green beans and potatoes. If you love roasted vegetables, try a few of our other favorite recipes!
Other Roasted Vegetables
- Honey Roasted Vegetables
- Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Zucchini and Squash
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Did you try this roasted green beans and potatoes recipe? Leave a recipe rating and review below.
Oven Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, cut in half
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound French green beans, trimmed
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Toss the halved baby potatoes together with 2 tablespoons olive oil, Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl until well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spreading them in an even layer. Roast for 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add the beans to the same mixing bowl. Drizzle on the remaining olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, tossing to coat.
- When the potato timer goes off, remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the green beans on top of them. Use tongs to toss the beans and potatoes together, spread everything in an even layer, and return the sheet to the oven. Continue to roast for another 15 to 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through and the beans are tender-crisp.