Peach cobbler oatmeal is an easy and delicious breakfast ready in less than 10 minutes! Fresh peaches, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar create an oatmeal that the entire family will love!
Peach season is at its peak. Apparently this year the peaches are high quality and very large. And I’m pretty sure I purchased the world’s largest peach this weekend. I wanted to take picture to show you, but it somehow disappeared before I was able to get a picture of it. No matter how many I buy, they never last very long in my house. We eat peaches for breakfast, lunch dinner and dessert. Today, I’m sharing Peach Cobbler Oatmeal – a good choice for breakfast inspired by a classic dessert!
I was never a fan of the premade boxed and packaged oatmeal. Why eat the pre-packaged stuff when you can have fresh peaches in homemade oatmeal? This oatmeal is ready in less than 10 minutes so it can even be made on busy mornings. And since I love everything a little crunchy, I topped it off with chopped pecans.
How to make peach oatmeal
It’s very easy to make peach oatmeal. Combine water, salt, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook for four minutes or until the oatmeal thickens. Add fresh chopped peaches and brown sugar and cook for an additional minute. Garnish with pecans and serve immediately.
Tips for making oatmeal
- Use any variety of milk to make it creamier. Or omit milk all together and make a simple oatmeal.
- Switch our peaches for any of your favorite fruit. Oatmeal tastes great with berries, apples or bananas too.
- Oatmeal reheats well. Make a large batch at the beginning of the week and reheat throughout the week. Add additional milk just prior to serving.
- Use fresh fruit for the best texture and flavor. We don’t recommend using frozen fruit in oatmeal.
- Swap out traditional oats for steel cut or Irish oats. Adjust your cook time depending on the type of oats used. You can even use quinoa instead of oatmeal.
I like my oatmeal thick and barely sweet. Feel free to add milk or additional water for a creamy texture. Add more sugar for sweetness, as desired. Enjoy the taste of fresh peaches and oatmeal for breakfast!
If you love oatmeal, try it baked too!
Peach Cobbler Oatmeal
- 3 1/2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 large peaches chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans for garnish; if desired
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add water and salt. Bring to a boil. Add oats, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until oatmeal thickens. Add peaches and brown sugar and cook one additional minute. Serve immediately and garnish with pecans, if desired.
- Add additional light brown sugar as desired.
- I like my oatmeal thick. If you would like creamier oatmeal add milk as desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 275, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 14mg, Potassium: 365mg, Carbohydrates: 44g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 8g, Vitamin A: 245%, Vitamin C: 5%, Calcium: 70%, Iron: 2.7%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Do you love peaches for breakfast? Try these other peach breakfast ideas:
or try these other peach recipes:
Peach Macadamia Muffins from Beyond Frosting
Blueberry Peach Coconut Crisp by This Gal Cooks
Peach Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie by Blahnik Baker