Start your day in the kitchen baking this Peach Raspberry Breakfast Cake that the entire family will love!
One of my favorite things about the weekend is starting the day in the kitchen. This past weekend was relaxing and productive. I baked this peach raspberry breakfast cake, organized my refrigerator (always a big task) and enjoyed spending time outside.
Peach Raspberry Breakfast Cake includes everything that I love about summer. It is fresh, flavorful and bursting with peaches and raspberries. Start the day in the kitchen, grab a slice of this breakfast cake and enjoy your day!
Peach Raspberry Breakfast Cake
- 1 cup fresh sliced peaches
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- zest from one lemon
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with butter.
- In a small bowl, toss the peaches with ¼ cup flour; set aside. Whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, lemon zest and ¾ cup plus one tablespoon of sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture to the batter in 2 batches, alternating with the buttermilk. Gently fold in the peaches, then the raspberries. Some of the raspberries may break up but be careful not to over-mix.
- Spread batter into greased baking dish and sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!