Learn how to make pumpkin pie spice with this simple recipe made with five ingredients. This homemade pumpkin pie spice is a great substitute for store-bought spice.
If you’re looking for a homemade recipe for pumpkin pie spice, then you came to the right place. It’s really easy to make this spice at home with only a few simple ingredients. This recipe is a great pumpkin pie spice substitute for the spice you buy at the store. In fact, it tastes even better because it’s fresher and homemade. We love making a batch of these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with the homemade spice. Or try using it in any of your favorite pumpkin desserts and dishes.
The entire process for creating this homemade spice takes less than five minutes! Make a batch or two and store it until you are ready to use.
What can you use instead of pumpkin pie spice?
If you’re looking for an alternative to store-bought pumpkin pie spice, then you can use this homemade recipe.
Pumpkin pie spice ingredients
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Nutmeg
- Ground All Spice
- Ground Cloves
How to make pumpkin pie spice
Stir together all of the pumpkin pie spice ingredients – cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all spice and cloves. Mix well to combine and then store in a small spice jar or container.
Tips for making homemade spices:
- Always use fresh spices. Fresh spices yield the best flavor. Most ground spices last for 6 months to 2 years. We recommend using spices purchased within the past year.
- Store the spices in a clean, airtight container away from heat and light. We store all of our spices in a small glass spice jar in a drawer in our kitchen.
If you’re looking for more pumpkin recipes featuring pumpkin pie spice flavors, try a classic Pumpkin Pie or this delicious Maple Pumpkin Bread. We also really love pumpkin donuts, fluffy pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground all spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine spices in a small bowl; mix well to combine. Store in a small spice jar or container.
- Store in a sealed container.
- You can double the batch to make even more.
I think this is awesome!! I love that I can customize my own mix- I never even thought about that!! (Plus I feel like the store mixes might’ve been sitting around since last fall on the shelves!)
Making your own pumpkin spice mix is so easy and less expensive than buying it. This is the perfect ratio of spices and is so good in just about everything!
This is the best pumpkin pie spice. i love this pumpkin and i will try to make this……..