Roasted broccoli and cauliflower with lemon and garlic is a healthy side dish that’s ready in no time! Combine a few simple ingredients together and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. It’s that easy!
Easy weeknight meals are the best! One pan meals are even better. They are easy to prep for the weeknight and require little clean up. One of our favorite easy side dish recipes is this easy recipe. It’s the perfect clean eating recipe for any day of the week. The simple side dish combines a few ingredients like garlic, lemon, Italian seasoning and olive oil with fresh vegetables. Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese for additional flavor.
This recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal. It comes together using a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. The simple ingredients create a dish that is packed with flavor!
To make roasted broccoli and cauliflower
This recipes comes together quickly and easily. Combine broccoli and cauliflower together in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the fresh vegetables and stir. Spread the mixture out on a large baking sheet. Make sure the veggies do not over lap. Keep them in one layer. Add an extra lemon slice for fresh lemon flavor and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top, if desired. You can omit the Parmesan cheese to make it vegan. This recipe tastes great either way!
How long does it take to roast broccoli and cauliflower?
Roast together on the sheet pan for 15 to 20 minutes at 425 degrees F. You can also roast at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Serve with baked boneless chicken thighs or grilled lobster tail. You can combine the chicken thighs with the vegetables to create a super simple and easy one-pan dinner. Check the chicken for doneness to ensure everything is cooked. Or serve it with your favorite baked or grilled meat. The options are endless!
Broccoli and cauliflower nutrition
Both cauliflower and broccoli are very nutritious. Broccoli florets provide minerals fiber content. They also contain high amounts of Vitamin K and Vitamin C. Broccoli offers more protein than many other vegetables. In addition, cauliflower provides vitamins, fiber, fatty acids and more. Combine the two vegetables for a nutrient-rich meal.
If you’re looking for more broccoli or cauliflower recipes, try a few of our favorite recipes. Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole, Lightened Up One Pan Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo, Sheet Pan Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Broccoli and this Broccoli Chicken and Cheese Wild Rice Casserole make an appearance on our dinner menu often.
We love that this recipe is healthy and easy! You can easily adapt the recipe to fit your taste. Omit the Parmesan to make it vegan or make parmesan roasted cauliflower by omitting the broccoli. Enjoy it any day of the week as a simple side dish.
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with Lemon Garlic
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic,, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon,, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Combine broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, salt and pepper, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and lemon juice, Pour mixture over veggies and toss to coat well.
- Spread veggies out on a large baking sheet making sure the veggies are in one layer and not overlapping or piled on each other. (You can add lemon slices here if you like for added lemon flavor and garnish). If using parmesan cheese, sprinkle over veggies now.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 15 to20 minutes, until veggies are fork-tender and begin to brown on the edges. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional information does not include optional Parmesan cheese. Adding the parmesan cheese would alter the nutritional facts.
Kitchen tools needed for this recipe
- A good non-stick sheet pan is an essential tool in every kitchen. This recipes cooks on one sheet pan to make clean up easy too!
- Use a lemon juicer to remove fresh lemon juice from lemons.
- A garlic press is the most used kitchen tool in my kitchen. Freshly minced garlic tastes amazing!
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A REVIEW BELOW AND THEN SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.
This post contains affiliate links.