Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale & Spinach Flatbread is a delicious snack, appetizer or light meal. Made with La Terra Fina spinach and kale dip, naan bread, fresh kale, roasted butternut squash and more!
Last week I roasted butternut squash almost every single day. Seriously. I couldn’t resist. Luckily there was plenty of butternut squash at the farmer’s market because my garden is looking pretty pathetic right now. I picked the final remaining watermelon in our garden this weekend and started clearing it out for the winter. Winter produce is always a challenge here in Florida because of changes in the weather. If it is too warm, cold weather plants like greens and broccoli don’t do well. If it is too cold then all of our citrus and plants like berries are affected by the frost. Each year I just plant an assortment of vegetables and hope that something does well. Last year, our kale sprouted and lasted for months. I can never have enough kale so I hope I have the same luck this year. In the meantime, I will enjoy the fresh seasonal bounty from the farmer’s market and make this Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale and Spinach Flatbread.
Roasting butternut squash is easy. All you have to do is peel it, chop it into small cubes, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a small amount of salt and pepper. Roast it in the oven and then add it to your favorite meal. I love using naan flatbread to create quick and easy flatbread pizza. These flatbreads are even easier because I use a few fresh and seasonal vegetables, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and La Terra Fina Spinach & Kale Dip & Spread. The dip is made with high quality ingredients and tastes fresh and flavorful. It creates a great base for this flatbread.
Tell me, what are your favorite flatbread toppings?
Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale and Spinach Flatbread
- 1/2 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded and chopped into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch fresh kale coarsely chopped
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup La Terra Fina Spinach & Kale Dip & Spread made with Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- To roast the butternut squash, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss the squash and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange squash on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- While the squash is roasting, heat one tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add kale and sauté until softened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top each flatbread with the spinach and kale dip, dividing evenly. Top with mozzarella, onions, sautéed kale, roasted butternut squash and Parmesan cheese, dividing evenly between each flatbread.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, as desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 609, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 1051mg, Potassium: 486mg, Carbohydrates: 75g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 17g, Vitamin A: 238.3%, Vitamin C: 48.3%, Calcium: 30.5%, Iron: 6.8%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post was created in partnership with La Terra Fina as part of the Food Lovers Ambassador Program. As always, all opinions are my own.