Grab a few of these delectable cookies loaded with chocolate chunks, pretzels and stuffed with caramel! Warm and gooey salted caramel creates the perfect cookie!
Do you know what is better than a chocolate chip cookie? A cookie stuffed with caramel and filled with pretzels! Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chunk Cookies combine the best flavors to create a delectable treat that everyone loves.
The last few months have been a whirlwind. Last I knew it was August and next week it will be November. So far, the best thing I heard this week was when someone reminded me that daylight savings time ends this weekend and we gain an hour of sleep, or an hour or fun! Either way, I’m excited for the extra hour. I’ll probably spend it baking cookies 🙂
Many people think of comfort food as a bowl of hearty chicken noodle soup, macaroni and cheese or creamy chicken pasta. For me, there is nothing more comforting than some warm cookies fresh out of the oven. When I’ve had a long week and I’m ready to relax, I bake a batch of cookies, heat a cup of chamomile tea and either sit on the couch and catch up on an episode of Scandal or flip through a magazine. For thirty minutes or an hour I do nothing but relax. It only happens every few weeks, so I try to enjoy it while I can. What do you do to relax after a long week?
Loaded with chocolate chunks, salty pretzel pieces and gooey caramel, these cookies are sure to please everyone. I love to sandwich a scoop of ice cream in the middle of two cookies and eat them as an ice cream sandwich.
Are you a food blogger that loves cookies? There is only a few days left to sign up for the 4th Annual Food Blogger Cookie Swap hosted by Love and Olive Oil and The Little Kitchen. Last year I made my favorite Royal Iced Sugar Cookies and can’t wait to share what I am making this year. Don’t miss the chance to support a great cause and enjoy some cookies!
Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup crushed pretzel pieces
- 18 - 20 soft caramel candies unwrapped and cut in half
- fleur de sel or sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks and pretzels. Cover and chill the batter in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll the dough into balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons each. Using your thumb, press into the center to create an indent, place the caramel into the center of the dough ball and then re-roll the ball to cover the caramel candy. Make sure the caramels are completely covered inside the ball. Repeat with remaining dough. Sprinkle tops of dough balls with fleur de sel or sea salt.
- Place the dough balls on the cookie sheet spaced 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies until the edges are golden but the centers are soft, about 11 to 13 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 212, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 157mg, Potassium: 82mg, Carbohydrates: 26g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 15g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 230%, Calcium: 16%, Iron: 1.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.