Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies are chewy, sweet and irresistible! You won’t be able to eat just one so make a large batch and share with your friends and family!
How can it already be Monday again already? After a busy weekend, I’m getting ready for a really busy week. To cure the Monday blues, I baked you some of my favorite cookies. Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies are everything I love about a cookie. They are chewy, sweet and irresistible. Best of all, they taste great days after they are baked so you have a sweet treat that will last beyond Monday.
I’m somewhat of a cookie snob. While it is generally hard for me to pass on most chocolate desserts, I often pass on cookies unless they are completely irresistible. I generally don’t like cookies cold and rarely, if ever eat them more than a day after they are baked. But, these salted dark chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies are completely irresistible days after they are baked. In fact, they are so good, I have to share them with friends and family or else I will eat the entire batch.
The combination of sweet, salty and crunchy yields the most perfect cookie. Although the recipe contains oats, these cookies are more like a chocolate chip cookie than an oatmeal cookie. The oats help yield a texture that is slightly chewy and incredibly delicious.
If you don’t have or can’t find Fleur de Sel, you can just use sea salt or kosher salt. Fleur de Sel is pricy but I love buying it for special treats like these cookies or a salted caramel tart. It adds a delicate texture and flavor and is well worth the investment.
The best thing about these cookies is that you can help support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Join me in the Bake a Difference Campaign for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer! For every stickered item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers in September. Go HERE to view and purchase participating items.
*In 2014, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through specially marked baking tools, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of New Jersey. Your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of the proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research.
Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel salt* plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup quick cook oats
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Set mixer to low speed and add the oats. Fold in chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop drop the dough onto the cookie sheets, spaced 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies until the edges are golden but the centers are soft, about 10 to 11 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 163, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 22mg, Sodium: 101mg, Potassium: 77mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 3.5%, Calcium: 1.9%, Iron: 5.4%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Check out a few more cookies recipes from some of my favorite bloggers:
Caramel Dark Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies by A Kitchen Addiction
Spiced M&M Toffee Cookies by Blahnik Baker
Pumpkin Chip Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies by Life Made Sweeter
Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Glaze by Life Love and Sugar
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. I received OXO products to help support this campaign. Thank you for helping me support this cause!